On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Albert Camus
What does Albert Camus mean as a name of something?
- French writer who portrayed the human condition as isolated in an absurd world (1913-1960)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of Albert Camus: Camus
- instance of: existential philosopher / existentialist / existentialist philosopher = a philosopher who emphasizes freedom of choice and personal responsibility but who regards human existence in a hostile universe as unexplainable; author / writer = writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Camus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael David Sollars, Arbolina Llamas Jennings
Albert Camus. New York: Chelsea House, 1989. Braun, Lev. Witnessof Decline: Albert Camus. Madison, N.J.: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 1974. Ellison, David R. Understanding Albert Camus. Columbia: University ...
Encyclopedia of Genocide (1999)
” Beginning with Albert Camus, a growing number of philosophers have regarded a response to nuclear ...
Encyclopedia of the Essay (2012)
by Tracy Chevalier
Further Reading Bree, Germaine, Camus, New Brunswick, New Jersey: Rutgers University Press, revised edition, 1961 Cruickshank, John, Albert Camus and the Literature of Revolt, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1959; New York: Oxford ...
by John Gassner, Edward Quinn
"Albert Camus as Dramatist." Tulane Drama Review, V (June l96l); and Philip Thody. Albert Camus I913l960 (l96l)._W.
by Jerry W. Ward, Robert J. Butler
Albert Camus, a recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1957, was born in Algeria of French parentage and came to France at the age of twenty-five. Along with Jean-Paul Sartre ...
Dictionary of Existentialism (2013)
by Haim Gordon
In The Fall the life-affirming, humanistic celebration of the sunny Albert Camus 71.
by Elizabeth Knowles
Lottman Albert Camus (1979) 18 Without work, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Camus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albert Camus
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Albert Camus
Photo credit: Vasnic64
- Albert Camus
Photo credit: SPDP
- The Outsider by Albert Camus
Photo credit: Dabbawalla
- Albert Camus for PIFAL
Pen and charcoal on canson.
Photo credit: Arturo Espinosa
- Albert Camus quote
A free press can of course be good or bad but, most certainly, without freedom it will never be anything but bad.
Photo credit: BrentDPayne
- The Plague - Albert Camus
Photo credit: johnrobertshepherd
- Albert Camus street, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Photo credit: Wonderlane
- Maison d'Albert Camus rue de Lyon
photo J. Llorens
Photo credit: Tonton Jaja
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Albert Camus
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albert Camus to see it in context!