On this page:
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Albert Einstein
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Einstein
- Photos about Albert Einstein
- Video language resources about Albert Einstein
- Quotes about Albert Einstein
- Share this page
Who is Albert Einstein?
Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist and philosopher of science. He developed the general theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. He is best known in popular culture for his mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc². He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect". The latter was pivotal in establishing quantum theory.
- also known as Einstein
- born on (136 years ago) in Ulm, child of Hermann Einstein and Pauline Einstein
- ethnicity: Jewish people, Ashkenazi Jews, Germans, German American
- nationality: United States of America, Germany, Switzerland, Weimar Republic, German Empire, Austria-Hungary, Kingdom of Württemberg
- religion: Judaism, Agnosticism, Deism
- profession: Physicist, scientist, writer, philosopher, theoretical physicist, mathematician, author, teacher
- parent of
- died on (60 years ago) in Princeton of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- written works: "The Born-Einstein Letters", "Essential Einstein", "Ideas and Opinions", "Out of My Later Years", "Bite-size Einstein", "Albert Einstein/Mileva Marić - the Love Letters", "Einstein's Annalen Papers", "Albert Einstein, Hedwig und Max Born, Briefwechsel", "Sidelights on Relativity", "La Mentalidad Militar", "The Origins of the General Theory of Relativity", "About Zionism", "Die Grundlage der allgemeinen Relativitätstheorie", "Lettres à Maurice Solovine", "Über den Frieden", "論動體的電動力學", "The Theory of Relativity", "Lettera a B. Croce", "Why War?", "The Militarization of America", "Geometrie und Erfahrung", "The History of Quantum Mechanics and the Theory of Relativity", "Extraits de La théorie de la relativíté restreinte", "Conceptions Scientifiques", "The Meaning of Relativity", "Zur einheitlichen Feldtheorie", "Como Veo El Mundo", "Physik als Abenteuer de Erkenntnis", "Dios No Juega a Los Dados", "Test Case for Humanity", "Gelegentliches", "The New Quotable Einstein", "On the Method of Theoretical Physics", "Pacifismo militante", "Essays In Science", "Physique, Philosophie, politique", "Investigations on the theory of the Brownian movement", "Zur Quantentheorie der Strahlung", "Briefwechsel 1916-1955", "Sobre la teoria de la relatividad especial y general (COLECCION FISICA)", "Akademie-Vorträge", "Letters to Solovine", "Eine neue Bestimmung der Moleküldimensionen", "Quatre conférences sur la théorie de la relativité faites à l'Université de Princeton", "Elektron und allgemeine Relativitätstheorie", "La théorie de la relativité restreinte et générale", "Äther und relativitäts-theorie", "The Quotable Einstein", "Cosmic religion", "Grundzüge der Relativitätstheorie"
- some of the awards:
- Nobel Prize in Physics (For his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect)
- Matteucci Medal (For fundamental contributions to the progress of science)
- Copley Medal (For his theory of relativity and his contributions to the quantum theory.)
- Gold Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society
- Max Planck Medal, with Max Planck
- Franklin Medal (For his extensive work on relativity and the photo-electric effect)
- official website: einstein.biz
- Albert Einstein: Prof. Albert Einstein is a fictional character from the 2009 film Watchmen.
- also known as Professor Albert Einstein, The Professor, Einstein, Prof. Albert Einstein
- occupation: Theoretical physicist
- created by Philip Glass
- in films:
- "I.Q.", played by Walter Matthau
- "Einstein and Eddington", played by Andy Serkis
- "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian", played by Eugene Levy
- "That's Adequate", played by Robert Downey Jr.
- "Young Einstein", played by Yahoo Serious
- "Leave It to Beaver", played by Benny Wasserman
- "Die Laughing", played by Michael David Lee
- "Einstein", played by Vincenzo Amato
- "Insignificance", played by Michael Emil
- "Einstein's Big Idea", played by Aidan McArdle
- "Watchmen", played by Ed Metzger
- Albert Einstein is a fictional character from the 1994 tv movie Alien Nation: Dark Horizon and 1996 tv movie Alien Nation: Millennium.
- "Albert Einstein" is a book by Albrecht Fölsing.
- also known as "Albert Einstein: a biography"
- "Albert Einstein" is a book by Christopher Jon Bjerknes.
- also known as "Albert Einstein: the incorrigible plagiarist"
- "Albert Einstein" a.k.a. "Albert Einstein: Creator and Rebel" is a book by Banesh Hoffmann with the collaboration of Helen Dukas. The book is a biography of Albert Einstein, including both his personal and academic life with references to specific events and people. The book also presents Einstein's photographs from his archives.
- read more about Albert Einstein: Creator and Rebel
- "Albert Einstein" is a book by Solomon Quasha.
- also known as "Albert Einstein: an intimate portrait"
- "Albert Einstein" is a book by Kenji Sugimoto.
- also known as "Albert Einstein: a photographic biography"
There are many other writings with this title.
"Albert Einstein" is an artwork by John Squire.
- "Albert Einstein" is the second collaborative studio album by American hip hop recording artist Prodigy of Mobb Deep and American record producer The Alchemist. The album was released on June 11, 2013 by Infamous Records. The album features guest appearances from Roc Marciano, Domo Genesis, The Alchemist, Havoc, Raekwon and Action Bronson.
- "albert einstein" is a composition.
Albert Einstein is a school, educational institution.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Albert Einstein
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
U R a Brand (2005)
How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success by Catherine Kaputa
Albert Einstein is an icon of intellectual brilliance. (We may not be able to explain it, but most of us know Einstein's equation for relativity, E = mc). Icons like Marilyn, Elvis, and Einstein are elastic in the sense that they appeal to many people ...
New Outlook (1954)
Albert Einstein is an agnostic; Thomas Edison and Sir William Crookes were signatories to a philosophy which holds to no personal God but an all-pervading principle. Few scientists believe in a personal God. though many believe in some ...
Encyclopedia of Time (2009)
Science, Philosophy, Theology, & Culture by H. James Birx
Albert Einstein: A biography (E. Osers, Trans.). New York: Penguin. Greene, B. ( 2004). The fabric of the cosmos: Space, time, and the texture of reality. New York: Vintage Books. Hoffman, B., & Dukas, H. (Eds.). (1981). Albert Einstein: The ...
by Eric E. Bouhassira
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) of Yeshiva University is a premier, researchintensive medical school, located at the Jack and Pearl Resnick Campus in the Morris Park neighborhood of the Bronx, New York City. Einstein also ...
by Steven R. Pritzker
Miller University College London ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879–1955) is one of the greatest ...
by A. Bowdoin Van Riper
Further Reading Abraham Pais's Subtle Is the Lord: The Science and Life of Albert Einstein (1982) remains a strong contender for the status of definitive biography. As its subtitle suggests, Pais (himself a physicist) emphasizes Einstein's work ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Einstein
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albert Einstein
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Albert Einstein
Photo credit: Antonio Manfredonio
- Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein, 1974, Sculptor: Robert Berks, Location: Potomac Park (Constitution Ave. & 23rd): (See Albert Einstein Set for additional Images) Recently named "person of the century", Einstein (1879-1955) is probably the most recognized scientist in the world. Most remembered for his Theory of Relativity, Einstein developed a new way of looking at problems in theoretical physics. The statue is one of the most popular in Washington, particularly with school groups. The relaxed, informal pose of Einstein lends itself to great group photos and it's one of the few statues for which no one will yell at you if you climb in his lap. Einstein is contemplating a map of the universe as he knew it, made of black granite with some 2,400 steel studs representing the heavenly bodies. The statue sits on the grounds of the National Academy of Sciences.
Photo credit: cliff1066™
- Albert Einstein Dropquote
These crosswords are available for online solving at solvemall.com/crossword/collection/albert-einstein-dropqu...
Photo credit: Solvemall.com
- Albert Einstein Memorial
Information board next to the Albert Einstein Memorial in Washington DC.
Photo credit: Bernt Rostad
- The face of Albert Einstein
Close up of the Albert Einstein statue at the Griffith Observatory.
Photo credit: ricardodiaz11
- New Music to License - Albert Einstein Quote
Photo credit: DanoSongs.com Royalty Free Music
Video language resources about Albert Einstein
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of insanity - Albert Einstein quote
- Albert Einstein: Definition of Insanity
- Albert Einstein Quote on Explanation
- Definition of Common Sense - Albert Einstein quote
- Definition of relativity - Albert Einstein quote
- EXPLANATION to Albert Einstein's Test...
For all of you people who thought way too hard about this quiz....see the video this video responds too under video screen..TriFi *This song is "Wild Thing" by ...
- The Common Language of Science - Albert Einstein
Listen to Albert Einstein's Voice! Download the Original MP3 of Einstein's Voice...
- Albert Einstein reads "The Common Language of Science" (Full version, 1941)
Here's an extraordinary recording of Albert Einstein from the fall of 1941, reading a full-length essay in English: Einstein begins by sketching a brief outline of the ...
- [ESL Tutorials] - What Albert Einstein wrote to Marie Curie about haters
The best advice ever given about dealing with trolls comes from someone who never read a single Internet comments section: Albert Einstein. While Einstein's ...
- September 1941... "The Common Language of Science", read by Albert Einstein
Have you ever heard Albert Einstein talking? In the fall of 1941, Albert Einstein gave this extraordinary reading of his essay "The Common Language of Science" ...
- Title Description Tags (e.g., albert einstein, flying pig, mashup)
Title Description Tags (e.g., albert einstein, flying pig, mashup) Title Description Tags (e.g., albert einstein, flying pig, mashup) Title Description Tags (e.g., albert ...
- Albert Einstein: The Common Language of Science 
- Alber einshtein voice: Albert Einstein Reads 'The Common Language of Science' (1941)
Here's an extraordinary recording of Albert Einstein from the fall of 1941, reading a full-length essay in English; The essay is called "The Common Language of ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Albert Einstein!
Quotes about Albert Einstein
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albert Einstein to see it in context!