On this page:
- Albert Lewin was an American film director, producer, and screenwriter.
- also known as Albert Parsons Lewin, Allie proncounced Ollie, Al, Albert E. Lewin
- born on (121 years ago) in Brooklyn
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Screenwriter, film director, film producer
- died on (47 years ago) in New York City of pneumonia
- read more about Albert Lewin (film director)
- Albert Lewin a.k.a. Albert E. Lewin is a screenwriter.
- read more about Albert E. Lewin
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Lewin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David Thomson
Albert Lewin ( 1894–1968), b.
by Jill Berk Jiminez
After seeing the painting, Albert Lewin, who was directing a Metro-Goldwyn- Mayer adaptation of Oscar Wilde's novel The Portrait of Dorian Gray, hired Albright to do the portrait of Dorian Gray for the film, using the actor Hurd Hatfield as a model. The film is mainly in black-and-white, but it briefly shifts to Technicolor for the final moments, featuring the portrait of Dorian Gray in decay. The publicity surrounding the film, which was featured in Life magazine, brought Albright celebrity status.
Themes, Works, and Wonders by Gary Westfahl
The best known version, however, remains the 1945 film starring Hurd Hatfield as Dorian and directed by Albert Lewin.
by Thomas S. Hischak
Marin Tim Whelan Albert Lewin Alfred Hitchcock John Huston Film The Unknown Guest The Battle of Russia Ladies Courageous 675 TIOMKIN, DIMITRI.
by Jerry Roberts
Donner began in British movies as a film editor during World War II, cutting features directed by Clive Brook, Carol Reed, David Lean, Albert Lewin, Brian Desmond Hurst, Ronald Neame, Anthony Pelissier, Henry Comelius, and Robert Parrish. Donner's features as a director include Heart ofa Child (1958), ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Lewin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Albert Lewin for some fun with words!