On this page:
Who is Albert Mangelsdorff?
Albert Mangelsdorff was one of the most accredited and innovative trombonists of modern jazz who became famous for his distinctive technique of playing multiphonics.
- also known as Mangelsdorff, Albert
- born on (87 years ago) in Frankfurt
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Trombonist, bandleader, musician, music director
- member of musical groups:
- died on (10 years ago) in Frankfurt
- genre: Jazz
- albums: "Purity", "Tension", "The Wide Point", "Trilogue", "Shake, Shuttle and Blow", "Three Originals: The Wide Point / Trilogue / Albert Live In Montreux", "A Jazz Tune I Hope", "Die Opa Hirchleitner Story", "Music for Jazz Orchestra", "Triplicity", "Albert Mangelsdorff And His Friends", "Art of the Duo", "Birds of Underground", "Solo now", "Live at Montreux", "Tromboneliness", "Listen and Lay Back", "Now Jazz Ramwong", "Trombirds", "Wild Goose", "Animal Dance", "Dodging Bullets", "Live", "Zo-Ko-Ma", "Pica Pica", "Live in Tokyo - Recorded Live at the Dug", "Open Space (The Down Beat Poll Winners in Europe)"
- official website: www.albert-mangelsdorff.de
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Mangelsdorff
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John S. Davis
A German trombonist, Albert Mangelsdorff first played violin and then guitar before settling on the trombone at the age of 20. Mangelsdorff performed with several European bands to some acclaim during the 1950s and gained some notoriety ...
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
At an individual level, much pioneering work has been done by saxophonists Joe Harriott, John Surman, Evan Parker, Trevor Watts, Louis Sclavis, and David Murray, by trumpeter Tomas Stanko, by trombonist Albert Mangelsdorff, by pianists ...
Genres: North America by John Shepherd, David Horn
Germany (Albert Mangelsdorff), Japan (Toshiko Akiyoshi and Sadao Watanabe ), South Africa (Chris McGregor, Jonas Gwangwa and Hugh Masakela), Spain ( Tet Montoliu) and others. The 1980s and 19905 witnessed a renewed interest in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Mangelsdorff
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: