On this page:
Who is Albert Maysles?
Albert Maysles is a filmmaker, film director, film producer and cinematographer.
- also known as Al Maysles
- born on (89 years ago) in Boston
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Master of Arts (Psychology) at Boston University, graduated in
- profession: Film director, cinematographer, film producer, television director, television producer
- film written: Salesman
- films produced:
- films directed:
- Abortion: Desperate Choices
- Gimme Shelter
- Grey Gardens
- Christo's Valley Curtain
- LaLee's Kin: The Legacy of Cotton
- The Beatles: The First U.S. Visit
- Soldiers Of Music: Rostorpovitch Returns To Russia
- The Gates
- The Beales of Grey Gardens
- Rufus Wainwright: Milwaukee at Last!!!
- Muhammad and Larry
- What's Happening! The Beatles in the USA
- Running Fence
- The Last Romantic
- The Love We Make
- Christo in Paris
- The Rolling Stones' Get Yer Ya Ya's Out
- The Secret of Trees
- Meet Marlon Brando
- Psychiatry in Russia
- Baroque Duet
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (Film)
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject - "Christo's Valley Curtain", with David Maysles
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Classical Music or Dance Programming - Directing - "The Last Romantic", with David Maysles
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Classical Music or Dance Programming - Directing - "The Last Romantic", with David Maysles
- nominated to Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Documentaries - "Soldiers Of Music: Rostorpovitch Returns To Russia", with Bob Eisenhardt, Peter Gelb, Susan Froemke
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Informational Programming - "Soldiers Of Music: Rostorpovitch Returns To Russia" (Outstanding Individual Achievement - Informational Programming), with Susan Froemke, Peter Gelb, Bob Eisenhardt
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Informational Programming - "Soldiers Of Music: Rostorpovitch Returns To Russia" (Outstanding Individual Achievement - Informational Programming), with Bob Eisenhardt, Susan Froemke, Peter Gelb
- American Society of Cinematographers President's Award
- nominated to American Society of Cinematographers President's Award
- nominated to Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding Edited Sports Series/Anthology - "30 for 30", with Keith Clinkscales, John Dahl, Joan Lynch, Connor Schell, Bill Simmons, John Skipper, Sam Bardley, Lee Bonner, Gary Cohen, Chris Connelly, Laura Coxson, Arunima Dhar, Mark Durand, Bruce Feldman, Stan Flint, Bradley Kaplan, Jonathan Koch, Erin Leyden, David Maysles, William McDaniel, Gary Paul Gates, Matthew McDonald, Kali McIver, Steven Michaels, Tom Picard, Alex Piper, Tiffany Reis, Daniel Silver, Jason Sosnoff, Alfred Spellman, Sammy Steward, Gregory Stewart, Shelley Storm, Lindsey Thomas, George Veras, Mitch Wright, Wendy Yamano, Peter Berg, Billy Corben, Kirk Fraser, Barry Levinson, Fritz Mitchell, Michael Tollin, Andy Billman, Maria Delgado, Deirdre Fenton, Benjamin Fertig, Lee Finkel, Libby Geist & Peter Genesi
- official website: www.mayslesfilms.com
Albert Maysles is a fictional film character.
"Albert Maysles" is a book by Joe McElhaney.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Maysles
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
50 Licks (2013)
Myths and Stories from Half a Century of the Rolling Stones by Peter Fornatale
Albert Maysles is a documentary filmmaker. Producer Jimmy Miller was the architect behind one of the most successful periods in Stones history. Steve Morse is an American rockjournalist. Andrew Mosker is a Canadian musicologist and the world 's foremost expert on the Rolling Stones' Mighty Mobile Unit. Scott Muni was one of the great rock 'n' roll deejays of all time. Steve Nazro is the director of events at Boston Garden. Andrew Loog Oldham was a co—manager and producer of ...
by Ian Aitken
Mamber, Stephen, Cinema Verite in America: Studies in Uncontrolled Documentary, Cambridge: MIT Press, 1974 Maysles, Albert, ®Digital Verite: Albert Maysles ...
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
— Albert Maysles, and DA Pennebaker, all subsquently became pre-eminent direct cinema practitioners.
The Encyclopedia of Film (1991)
by James Monaco
• (Albert Maysles only); Psychiatry in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Maysles
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albert Maysles to see it in context!