On this page:
- Albert Price a.k.a. Bill Monroe: William Smith Monroe was an American mandolinist, singer, and songwriter who created the style of music known as bluegrass. The genre takes its name from his band, the "Blue Grass Boys", named for Monroe's home state of Kentucky. Monroe's performing career spanned 69 years as a singer, instrumentalist, composer and bandleader. He is often referred to as The Father of Bluegrass.
- also known as William Smith Monroe; Monroe, Bill; The Father of Bluegrass; Joe Ahr; Rupert Jones; Wilbur Jones; James B. Smith; James W. Smith
- born on (104 years ago) in Rosine, child of James Buchanan Monroe and Malissa Vandiver Monroe
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Singer, artist, musician, music artist
- member of musical groups:
- died on (19 years ago) in Springfield of stroke
- genres: Bluegrass, Traditional bluegrass, Gospel music
- albums: "Bean Blossom", "Bill Monroe & Friends", "Columbia Historic Edition", "Anthology", "Blue Grass 1959-1969", "Blue Moon of Kentucky 1936-1949", "Blue Moon of Kentucky", "Blue Grass 1950-1958", "Orange Blossom Special", "Silver Eagle Cross Country Music Show Presents Bill Monroe", "16 Gems", "The Country Music Hall of Fame: Bill Monroe", "The Essential Bill Monroe & The Monroe Brothers", "The Music of Bill Monroe: 1936 to 1994", "True Life Blues: The Songs of Bill Monroe", "The Great Bill Monroe", "Southern Flavor", "An Introduction to Bill Monroe & The Bluegrass Boys", "The Legend Lives On", "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Bill Monroe", "Road of Life", "Live From Mountain Stage", "Live Duet Recordings 1963-1980: Off the Record, Volume 2", "Bill Monroe and Charlie Monroe", "Classic Cuts '37-'49"
- filmography: "Bill Monroe: The Father of Bluegrass"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album - "Southern Flavor"
- Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album - "Southern Flavor" (Artist)
- Albert Price is an Irish Republican and former IRA member.
- Albert Price was the husband of Zora Neale Hurston.
- also known as Albert Price III
- Marriage with Zora Neale Hurston between and (3 years)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Price
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Albert Price
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Albert Price for some fun with words!