On this page:
Who is Albert Roussel?
Albert Roussel: Albert Charles Paul Marie Roussel was a French composer. He spent seven years as a midshipman, turned to music as an adult, and became one of the most prominent French composers of the interwar period. His early works were strongly influenced by the impressionism of Debussy and Ravel, while he later turned toward neoclassicism.
- also known as Roussel, Albert
- born on (146 years ago) in Tourcoing
- nationality: France
- education: Schola Cantorum de Paris
- profession: Composer
- died on (78 years ago) in Royan
- genres: Classical music, Opera, Ballet, Chamber music, Art song, Ballet
- albums: "Bacchus et Ariane / Le Festin de l'araignée (Orchestre National de France feat. conductor: Georges Prêtre)", "Symphony no. 2 / Pour une fête de printemps / Suite in F", "Symphony no. 1 / Résurrection / Le Marchand de sable", "Chamber Music (complete)", "BBC Music, Volume 16, Number 10: Debussy / Roussel / Satie", "Balakirev: Symphony 1 / Roussel: Symphony 4", "Debussy: La Mer / Roussel: Symphony No. 4 / Sinfonietta / Milhaud: Suite provençale", "Roussel: Symphony no. 3 / Bacchus et Ariane Suite no. 2 / Ravel: La Valse / Bolero", "Symphonies nos. 3 & 4 / Bacchus et Ariane / Sinfonietta", "Bacchus et Ariane (Complete Ballet) / Symphony no. 3", "Franck: Symphonie / Roussel: Symphonie no. 3", "Milhaud: Les Choéphores / Roussel: Symphony no. 3 in G minor / Honegger: Rugby / Pacific 231", "Symphony no. 4 / Rapsodie flamande / Petite Suite / Sinfonietta", "The Complete Symphonies and Other Orchestral Works", "Paray Conducts Chabrier & Roussel"
"Albert Roussel" is a book by Basil Deane.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Roussel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Glenda Abramson
moved to New York to take courses with Roger Sessions, and in 1936 went to Paris to work with Nadia Boulanger and there was associated with such men as André Gide, Albert Roussel, Maurice Ravel, Charles Despian,andCharles Munch .
The Pianist's Dictionary (2004)
by Maurice Hinson
Composers who have written promenades include Ruy Coelho, Karl Panzera, Poulenc, Prokofiev, Albert Roussel, Arthur Shepherd, and Yngve Skold. pronto (It. ). Prompt, strict. "Prussian" Sonatas. C. P. E. Bach, W. 48, 1742. Six sonatas, each ...
by Shirlee Emmons, Wilbur Watkins Lewis
and also by Roger Sessions, Sergius Kagen, Conrad Susa, Israel Citkowitz, David Del Tredici, Donald Martino, Richard Cummings, Miriam Gideon,John Cage, David Diamond, Albert Roussel, Albert Reimann, and Karol Szymanowski.
by Frank Northen Magill
At this debut, arranged with the encouragement of fellow countryman Pablo Casals, Segovia played to a large audience that included such musical dignitaries as Paul Dukas, Joaqul'n Nin, Albert Roussel, Miguel de Unamuno y J ugo, Manuel ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Roussel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Albert Roussel
Tourcoing - Place Charles et Albert Roussel
(Centre-Ville) Place Charles et Albert Roussel
Photo credit: corno.fulgur75
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Albert Roussel for some fun with words!