On this page:
Definition of the noun albert speer
What does albert speer mean as a name of something?
- German Nazi architect who worked for Hitler (1905-1981)
Who is Albert Speer?
Albert Speer: Berthold Konrad Hermann Albert Speer was a German architect who was, for a part of World War II, Minister of Armaments and War Production for the Third Reich. Speer was Adolf Hitler's chief architect before assuming ministerial office. As "the Nazi who said sorry", he accepted moral responsibility at the Nuremberg trials and in his memoirs for complicity in crimes of the Nazi regime, while maintaining a façade of ignorance.
- also known as Berthold Konrad Hermann Albert Speer
- born on (110 years ago) in Mannheim, child of Albert Friedrich Speer and Luise Speer
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Architect, writer, politician
- Marriage with Margarete Weber between and (53 years)
- parent of
- died on (34 years ago) in London
- written works: "Inside the Third Reich", "Alles, was ich weiss", "The slave state", "Spandauer Tagebücher", "Technik und Macht", "Neue deutsche Baukunst", "Albert Speer", "Der Sklavenstaat", "Architektur", "Infiltration", "Spandau: The Secret Diaries"
- film written: Inside The Third Reich
- Albert Speer: The fictional representation of the Minister of Armaments and War Production for the Third Reich, Albert Speer.
- in films:
- "Downfall", played by Heino Ferch
- "My Führer – The Really Truest Truth about Adolf Hitler", played by Stefan Kurt
- in films:
- Albert Speer is a fictional character from the 2011 film Gandhi to Hitler.
- Albert Speer is a fictional character from the 2013 film Wie Aus Der Ferne.
- Albert Speer is a fictional film character.
- "Albert Speer" was a 2000 play by the British playwright David Edgar on the life of the Nazi-era architect Albert Speer, based on the book Albert Speer: His Battle with Truth by Gitta Sereny. It premiered that year at the Lyttelton auditorium of the Royal National Theatre, with the title role played by Alex Jennings and the role of Hitler played by Roger Allam.
- "Albert Speer" is a 1995 book by Gitta Sereny.
- also known as Albert Speer: His Battle with Truth
- language: English Language
- released in (21 years ago)
- award: - NCR Book Award nomination for Gitta Sereny
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Speer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael D. Murray
Among those whom Donahue interviewed over the years are Madalyn Murray O' Hair, Billie Jean King, Albert Speer, Susan Brownmiller, David Duke, Ayn Rand, Nelson Mandela, and Ralph Nader. Donahue insisted on controversial topics ...
by Jean-Denis G.G. Lepage
Albert Speer studied at the technical schools in Karlsruhe, Munich, and Berlin, and acquired an architectural license in 1927.
by Cathal J. Nolan
Suggested Readings: Dan van der Vat, The Good Nazi: The Life and Lies of Albert Speer (1997); Albert Speer, Inside the Third Reich (1970). sphere of influence. ( 1 ) An area of small or weak states or portions thereof, dominated by a larger ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Dir/Ed Leni Riefenstahl Photog Sepp Allgeier and 36 assistants Mus Herbert Windt Architecture Albert Speer Prod NSDAP (Nazi party). 120 mins. The official film record of the sixth Nazi Party Congress held at Nuremberg, Germany, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Speer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albert Speer
Click on an item to view that photo:
Munchen Munich 441 Albert Speer Building
Photo credit: David Holt London
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Albert Speer
Temporarily in 1934 I became a department head in the German Labor Front and dealt with the improvement of labor conditions in German factories. Then I was in charge of public works on the staff of Hess. I gave up both these activities in 1941. (Albert Speer)
Anagrams of ALBERT SPEER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Albert Speer!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Albert Speer to find many related words and phrases!