On this page:
Who is Albert Szent-Györgyi?
Albert Szent-Györgyi de Nagyrápolt was a Hungarian physiologist who won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1937. He is credited with discovering vitamin C and the components and reactions of the citric acid cycle. He was also active in the Hungarian Resistance during World War II and entered Hungarian politics after the war.
- also known as Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
- born on (122 years ago) in Budapest, child of Miklós Szent-Györgyi and Jozefina Lenhossék
- nationality: Hungary, United States of America, Austria-Hungary
- profession: Scientist
- parent of
- died on (29 years ago) in Woods Hole
- written works: "Introduction to a submolecular biology", "On oxidation, fermentation, vitamins, health and disease", "Chemistry of muscular contraction", "The crazy ape", "Science, ethics and politics", "Bioenergetics", "What next?!", "Electronic Biology and Cancer: A New Theory of Cancer", "The living state", "Bioelectronics: A study in cellular regulations, defense and cancer", "Lost in the Twentieth Century"
- some of the awards:
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine ("for his discoveries in connection with the biological combustion processes, with special reference to vitamin C and the catalysis of fumaric acid")
- Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research (For his distinguished research achievements in the field of cardiovascular diseases, including the discovery of actomyosin, the essential contractible element of muscle. )
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albert Szent-Györgyi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
Buck Med/Phys Corneille Jean François Peace Nansen International Office for Refugees Physics Enrico Fermi 1937 Chemistry Sir Walter Norman Haworth // Paul Karrer Literature Roger Martin du Gard Med/Phys Albert Szent-Györgyi Von Peace Lord Edgar Algernon Robert Gascoyne Cecil Physics Clinton Joseph Davisson ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albert Szent-Györgyi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: