On this page:
Who is Alberta Gay?
Alberta Gay: Alberta Cooper Gay was a domestic worker and the mother of American recording artist Marvin Gaye. Born in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, she married Gaye's father, minister Marvin Gay, Sr. after relocating to Washington, D.C. in her early twenties. She was the only other person present in the murder of her son committed by his father.
- also known as Alberta Cooper Gay
- born on (102 years ago) in Rocky Mount
- profession: Teacher, domestic worker
- Marriage with Marvin Gay Sr. between and (48 years)
- parent of
- died on (27 years ago) in Los Angeles
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alberta Gay
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alberta Gay for some fun with words!