On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Albina
What does Albina mean as a name of something?
Albina is a genus of Zingiberaceae.
- synonym: genus Albina
- kingdom: Plantae
- phylum: Tracheophyta
- class: Liliopsida
- order: Zingiberales
- family: Zingiberaceae
- genus: Alpinia
- Albina is a town in eastern Suriname, and is capital of the Marowijne District. The town lies on the west bank of the Marowijne river, which forms the border with French Guiana, directly opposite the French Guianan town of Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni, to which it is connected by a frequent ferry service.
- Albina a.k.a. Albina, Oregon: Albina is a historical city which was consolidated into Portland, Oregon in 1891.
- read more about Albina, Oregon
- Albina is a fictional character from the 2013 film Intimate Parts.
- Albina is a fictional character from the 1983 film Emanuelle Escapes from Hell.
- Albina is a fictional character from the 1998 film A Crysanthemum Bursts in Cincoesquinas.
- Albina is a fictional film character.
- Albina was an Etruscan goddess of the dawn and protector of ill-fated lovers. She was a white sow goddess similar to the Celtic Cerridwen.
- Albina is a feminine Tatar, Italian, Polish, and Slovene given name from the Roman cognate Albinus, derived from the Latin albus, meaning "white" or "bright". There are masculine variants including Albin in Poland, Scandinavia, and Slovenia; and Aubin in France. In Estonia, France, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, and Sweden March 1 is Albina's Name day. Albina is uncommon as a surname.
Phrases with Albina
- Bulia Albina
- Hyles Albina
- Mitra Albina
- Musca Albina
- Nassa Albina
- Venus Albina
- Apamea Albina
- Appias Albina
- Erebia Albina
- Eurema Albina
- Manoba Albina
- Pyrgus Albina
- Rupela Albina
- Colotis Albina
- Drepana Albina
- Euribia albina
- Ormenis Albina
- Sephisa Albina
- Thereva Albina
- Dyspessa Albina
View more phrases with the word Albina in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albina
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Periodical Accounts Relating to the Missions of the Church of the United Brethren Established Among the Heathen (1887)
Albina is a trading-post on the Marowyne, not far from the point where it flows into the Atlantic Ocean, about seventy miles east of Paramaribo. Our negro members in Sarinam often scatter widely in search of work, and some of them had settled ...
Albina is a compound of Rosetta and chuaaLEv's Country Girl; and Lord Ortolan is acopy from BEAUMONT and FLE'rcuEa. We are glad to see this theatre always crowded. The Havuaasn'r has been playing Money, without much variation, ...
by Paul Varner
ALBINA. Current scholarship has been reexamining 18th-century English drama. We now generally see the later 18th century as a great age for Romantic tragedy despite its lack of appreciation by early 20th-century modernist critics, and ...
by Patricia Monaghan, PhD
BriTiSh aNd MaNX PaNTheoN albina The Roman author Pliny offers this figure as the chief goddess ofBritain. The later British historian Holinshed described Albina as a princess who landed on the island with fifty fugitive ...
by Thomas W. Sheehan
See Albina. Alberika (variant) See Aubrey. Alberta " The ...
by George P. Rédei
Albina condition occurs with very high frequency in progenies of plants exposed to ionizing radiation (see Fig.
The Thespian Dictionary; Or, Dramatic Biography of the Eighteenth Century; Containing Sketches of the Lives, Productions, &c. of All the Principal Managers, Dramatists, Composers, Commentators, Actors, and Actresses, of the United Kingdom: Interspersed with Several Original Anecdotes; and Forming a Concise History of the English Stage. [With Portraits.] (1802)
Cowley produced a tragedy the sueceeding season at the Haymarket, called “ Albina,” which was so similar to “ Fazal Falsebood” that the critics complained of plagiarism, and a paper war commenced hetween Miss More and Mrs. Cowley.
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Albina Akhatova (RUS) Albina Akhatova (RUS) France Uschi Disl (GER) 15 km Svetlana Ishmuratova 49 min 24.1 sec ...
The Thespian Dictionary, Or, Dramatic Biography of the Present Age; Containing Sketches of the Lives, Lists of the Productions ... of All the Principal Dramatists, Composers, Commentators, Managers, Actors, and Actresses of the United Kingdom ... Forming a Complete Modern History of the English Stage (1805)
Cowley produced a tragedy the succeeding season at the Haymarket, called “Albina,” which was so similar to " Fatal Falsehood,” that the critics complained of plagiarism, and a paper war commenced between Miss More and Mrs. Cowley ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albina
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albina
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Maarten van der Bent
Photo credit: Lora Huber
Photo credit: technotheory
- Abeja albina
Photo credit: Cansadito
- Albina Gallyamova
Photo credit: TheNose
- Lake Albina
Photo credit: leighblackall
- Albina Lake
Kosciuszko National Park, Australia---Charlotte Pass to Mount Kosciuszko via the beautiful main range walk. On a day of shifting showers, clouds lift to reveal Albina Lake.
Photo credit: indii.org / Lawrence Murray
- Albina spider
Photo credit: DeRuffato
- Albina Press
@ Albina Press (Portland, OR)
Photo credit: Ron Dollete
- Albina Triangle
Photo credit: brx0
- Mirada Albina
Photo credit: frankblacknoir
- Albina Triangle
Photo credit: brx0
- Albina/Mississippi Station
Wayne Chabre created symbols of the indomitable spirit of the community.
- A bronze, tree-like vine flowers with forms representing the arts of the area.
- Bronze benches incorporate images from neighborhood industries.
- The community map by Chabre and Jeanne McMenemy features lyrics of songs from cultures of historic importance to Albina.
- Works by Jacob Pander and Bill Rutherford are reproduced in porcelain enamel on steel
Photo credit: TriMet
- Tortuga albina
Photo credit: Carlos Adampol
- Albina Loganova
Photo credit: Bill Hails
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1L1B3I1N1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALBINA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Albina!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albina to see it in context!