On this page:
Definition of the noun Albiorix
What does Albiorix mean as a name of something?
Albiorix is a genus of Ideoroncidae, described by J. C. Chamberlin in 1930.
- synonyms: genus Albiorix / Dinoroncus / genus Dinoroncus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Arachnida
- order: Pseudoscorpiones
- family: Ideoroncidae
- species Albiorix anophthalmus
- species Albiorix argentiniensis
- species Albiorix bolivari
- species Albiorix chilensis
- species Albiorix conodentatus
- species Albiorix edentatus
- species Albiorix gertschi
- species Albiorix magnus
- species Albiorix meraculus
- species Albiorix mexicanus
- species Albiorix minor
- species Albiorix mirabilis
- species Albiorix oaxaca
- species Albiorix parvidentatus
- species Albiorix puebla
- species Albiorix retrodentatus
- species Albiorix rosario
- species Albiorix sarahae
- species Albiorix vigintus
- Albiorix a.k.a. Toutatis or Teutates was a Celtic god worshipped in ancient Gaul and Britain. On the basis of his name's etymology, he has been widely interpreted to be a tribal protector. Today, he is best known under the name Toutatis through the Gaulish oath/catchphrase "By Toutatis!", invented for the Asterix comics by Goscinny and Uderzo. The spelling Toutatis, however, is authentic and attested by about ten ancient inscriptions. Under the spelling Teutates, the god is also known from a passage in Lucan.
- read more about Toutatis
- Albiorix is a prograde irregular satellite of Saturn. It was discovered by Holman, et al. in 2000, and given the temporary designation S/2000 S 11.
- also known as 土卫二十六
Phrases with Albiorix
Phrases starting with the word Albiorix:
- Albiorix magnus
- Albiorix bolivari
- Albiorix Gracilis
- Albiorix reddelli
- Albiorix chilensis
- Albiorix edentatus
- Albiorix mexicanus
- Albiorix mirabilis
- Albiorix arboricola
- Albiorix Lamellifer
- Albiorix anophthalmus
- Albiorix conodentatus
- Albiorix parvidentatus
- Albiorix retrodentatus
- Albiorix veracruzensis
- Albiorix argentiniensis
Phrase ending with the word Albiorix:
Other phrases containing the word Albiorix:
View more phrases with the word Albiorix in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albiorix
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Manfred Lurker
Albiorix. ('King of the World') Epithet, perhaps also a specific form of the Gallic war-god —» Teutates. Alcis.
The Celtic Encyclopedia (1998)
by Harry Mountain
NAME SEX Albiorix M deity mountain god Gallic - Tricastini France Vaucluse Gaul Rhône / Durance Iron ...
by Patricia Monaghan
The name has been seen as cognate with that of the continental Celtic god ALBIORIX. Albiorix Continental Celtic god. This name may mean “king of the world” and is found in several inscriptions from Gaul; the Romans identified this deity with ...
by Charles Russell Coulter, Patricia Turner
Also known as:Alator, Albiorix(Celtic), Belatucador, Camulus, Condates Coritiacus, Loucetius, Rigisamos (Celtic), Totates.
by Maurice Arthur Canney
ALBIORIX. Alblorix, " king of the world," was one of the names given by the ancient Celts to the war-god, the deity who corresponded to the Roman Mars. ALBRECHT BRETHREN. The followers of Jacob Albrecht, a German Lutheran, who ...
Catholic Encyclopedia (1909)
Adiorix, Albiorix, Ateporix (like Caesar's Dumnorix, Ambiorix, Vercingetorix ), Brogitarus, Deiotarus, etc. Place names are of a similar character, e. g. Drynemeton, the “temple of the oaks ...
by James Hastings
As for the attempts to explain by means of Celtic languages the names and epithets of the Gaulish gods assimilated to Mars, they supply only vague characteristics—Albiorix, 'the king of the world,' Belatucadros, “comely in slaughter,' Caturix, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albiorix
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Albiorix
Albiorix (moon) Top # 7 Facts
Scrabble value of A1L1B3I1O1R1I1X8
The value of this 8-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALBIORIX
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Albiorix!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Albiorix to find many related words and phrases!