On this page:
Definition of the noun Alcedo cristata
What does Alcedo cristata mean as a name of something?
Alcedo cristata is a species of Alcedo, described by Pallas in 1764.
- synonyms: species Alcedo cristata / Corythornis cristatus / species Corythornis cristatus / Corythornis cristatus cristatus / subspecies Corythornis cristatus cristatus / Corythornis cristatus galeritus / subspecies Corythornis cristatus galeritus / Corythornis cristatus robertsi / subspecies Corythornis cristatus robertsi
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Coraciiformes
- family: Alcedinidae
- genus: Alcedo
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Alcedo cristata is a species of Alcedo.
Phrases with Alcedo cristata
Phrases starting with Alcedo cristata:
- Alcedo cristata cristata
- Alcedo cristata galerita
- Alcedo cristata thomensis
- Alcedo cristata stuartkeithi
Phrase ending with Alcedo cristata:
Other phrases containing Alcedo cristata:
- Subspecies Alcedo Cristata Cristata
- Subspecies Alcedo Cristata Galerita
- Subspecies Alcedo Cristata Thomensis
- Subspecies Alcedo Cristata Stuartkeithi
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcedo cristata
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Alcedo cristata, see fig. 126. Head crested, pale cobalt-blue barred black; upper parts bright ultramarine blue; throat white, cheeks and under parts rufous. The malachite kingfisher may be recognised by its ...
* Alcedo Cristata, Crested King's-fish 4. Crax Alećfor, Female Crefted Curaffow, Var. 5. a, Cretea Ring's-niner. from Peru, Lath. Synop. 693. F; A : ::" Plate CCCCI ...
Encyclopædia Britannica: or, A dictionary of arts and sciences, compiled by a society of gentlemen in Scotland [ed. by W. Smellie]. Suppl. to the 3rd. ed., by G. Gleig (1810)
by Encyclopaedia Britannica
Alcedo Cristata, Crested King's-fifher. Plate CCCXCVI. . Anseres. 1. Anas Molli/ stma, Eider Duck. 2. Mergus Serrator, Red-breasted Merganser. 3. Phaeton Æthereus, Common Tropic Bird. 4. P/otus Melanogqster, Black-bellied Darter. 5.
Universal Technological Dictionary, Or Familiar Explanation of the Terms Used in All Arts and Sciences, Containing Definitions Drawn from the Original Writers and Illustrated by Plates, Epigrams, Cuts, &c. by George Crabb (1833)
—Alcedo cristata, in French, le Vintsi, Crested ing-fisher, inhabits Amboyne and the Philippine islands.
In which the Characteristics that Distinguish the Different Classes, Genera, and Species are Combined with a Variety of Interesting Information Illustrative of the Habits, Instincts, and General Economy of the Animal Kingdom by Samuel Maunder
(Alcedo cristata.) A singularly brilliant and ...
by George Crabb
—Alcedo cristata, in French, le Vintsi, Crested lug-fisher, inhabits Ambo ne and the Philippine islands. A'LCHA IL (Chem.) Rosem .
... to which are Added, a Syllabus of Practical Taxidermy, and a Glossarial Appendix by Samuel Maunder
(Alcedo cristata.) A singularly brilliant ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcedo cristata
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alcedo cristata
Click on an item to view that photo:
Malachite Kingfisher (Alcedo cristata)
Duke Water Hole South of Lower Sabie, Kruger NP, SOUTH AFRICA
Photo credit: berniedup
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alcedo cristata
Click on an item to play that video:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alcedo cristata to find many related words and phrases!