On this page:
Definition of the noun Alcedo semitorquata
What does Alcedo semitorquata mean as a name of something?
Alcedo semitorquata is a species of Alcedo, described by Swainson in 1823.
- synonym: species Alcedo semitorquata
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Coraciiformes
- family: Alcedinidae
- genus: Alcedo
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Alcedo semitorquata is a species of Alcedo.
Phrases with Alcedo semitorquata
- Alcedo Semitorquata Tephria
- Alcedo Semitorquata Heuglini
- Alcedo Semitorquata Semitorquata
- species Alcedo semitorquata
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcedo semitorquata
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Alcedo semitorquata. Above bright cobalt blue; lower back and rump cerulean; a buffish white patch on side of neck; below, throat pale buff, remainder rich tawny: bill black, feet red. The sexes are alike. Kirindi ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcedo semitorquata
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alcedo semitorquata
Half-collared Kingfisher Alcedo semitorquata, Melka Jebdu
Photo credit: Allan Drewitt
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alcedo semitorquata to find many related words and phrases!