On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alcoholic beverage
What does alcoholic beverage mean as a name of something?
- a liquor or brew containing alcohol as the active agent
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- synonyms of alcoholic beverage: alcohol / alcoholic drink / inebriant / intoxicant
- more generic terms: drug of abuse / street drug = a drug that is taken for nonmedicinal reasons; beverage / drink / drinkable / potable = any liquid suitable for drinking
- more specific terms:
- proof spirit = a mixture containing half alcohol by volume at 60 degrees Fahrenheit
- home brew / homebrew = an alcoholic beverage (especially beer) made at home
- hootch / hooch = an illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor
- kavakava / kava = an alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub
- aperitif = alcoholic beverage taken before a meal as an appetizer
- brewage / brew = drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling
- rice beer / sake / saki = Japanese alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice
- nipa = made from sap of the Australasian nipa palm
- vino / wine = fermented juice
- John Barleycorn / strong drink / hard liquor / hard drink / spirits / liquor / booze = an alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented
- neutral spirits / ethyl alcohol = nonflavored alcohol of 95 percent or 190 proof used for blending with straight whiskies and in making gin and liqueurs
- pulque = fermented Mexican drink from juice of various agave plants especially the maguey
- cordial / liqueur = strong highly flavored sweet liquor usually drunk after a meal
- mixed drink = made of two or more ingredients
- hard cider = alcoholic drink from fermented cider
- perry = a fermented and often effervescent beverage made from juice of pears
- rotgut = any alcoholic beverage of inferior quality
- slug = an amount of an alcoholic drink (usually liquor) that is poured or gulped
- koumiss / kumis = an alcoholic beverage made from fermented mare's milk
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcoholic beverage
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by W.J. Miller
STATE TAX AUTHORITIES State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services Hartford, CT 06115 Alcoholic beverage Cigarette Motor fuels Sales and use State of Delaware Department of Finance Wilmington, DE 19801 Alcoholic ...
by Elizabeth Marie Williams, Stephanie J. Carter
Ohio sets a maximum alcoholic beverage level on beer and on wine sold in the state. Ohio provides a limited number of licenses to certain stores to sell spirits of over a stated alcohol level of over 21 percent ABV. There is an easier way to ...
TWO-VOLUME SET by Jeffrey Jensen Arnett
Three of every four beverage ads in magazines and video programming popular among adolescents promotes an alcoholic beverage. Research indicates that alcoholic beverage advertisers spent more than $30 million to place more than ...
by Thomas Nordegren
Alcoholic beverage See: ALCOHOL Beverages. Alcoholic brain syndrome A general ...
by Robert Alan Lewis
alcoholic beverage. any beverage that contains ethanol. Such beverages are addictive ...
A "Full Course" Encyclopedia by Andrew F. Smith
Where apples could not be grown, perry made from pears was a common alcoholic beverage. The consumption of alcohol increased in the late 18th century and the 19th century as the price of rum declined. Wine did not become an important ...
Insurance Dictionary (2002)
What Means what when it Comes to Life, Health, Business, Home, Auto and Other Coverages by Silver Lake Publishing
Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws of time, usually the contract period, no matter how many separate accidents may occur. Aggregate Products Liability Limit. Indicates the amount of money that the insurer will pay during the term of a policy for ...
Encyclopaedia Medica (1901)
by Chalmers Watson
There can be no doubt that multiple neuritis occurs in intemperate individuals whose chief alcoholic beverage is spirits. The writer is unable to obtain definite statistics as to whether multiple neuritis is more frequent or less frequent in countries ...
by John McDonough, Karen Egolf
For example, the BATF requires all alcoholic beverage advertising to contain certain kinds of information, including the company that produced the product, the nature of the beverage, and government warnings about the effects of ...
by Dan Rabin, Carl Forget
alcoholic beverage, (ael-kuh-ha'-lik beh'-vrij) Any potable ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcoholic beverage
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alcoholic beverage
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Alcoholic beverage label
Product label proposal for an alcoholic beverage produced by Prodvinalco. Labels for different flavors. Image visualized with 3ds max.
Photo credit: Malin Sofrone
- Alcoholic Beverage & keys
When using this image please provide photo credit (link) to...
Photo credit: sandiegoduiattorney
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alcoholic beverage
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Alcoholic beverage!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alcoholic beverage to see it in context!