On this page:
Who is Alden Nowlan?
Alden Nowlan is an award-winning author.
- also known as Alden Albert Nowlan, A. Nowlan, Alden A. Nowlan
- born on (82 years ago) in Stanley, Nova Scotia
- nationality: Canada
- profession: Playwright, poet
- died on (32 years ago) in Fredericton
- written works: "The wanton troopers", "Early poems", "Selected poems", "Nine Micmac legends", "Between Tears and Laughter", "Will ye let the mummers in?", "The best of Alden Nowlan", "The things which are", "Wind in a rocky country", "I might not tell everybody this", "Bread, wine and salt", "What happened when he went to the store for bread", "Various persons named Kevin O'Brien", "An exchange of gifts", "The mysterious naked man", "The rose and the puritan", "Miracle at Indian River", "Road dancers", "Playing the Jesus game", "The incredible murder of Cardinal Tosca", "The gardens of the wind"
- Governor General's Award for English-language poetry or drama - "Bread, wine and salt"
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (Fiction)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alden Nowlan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Britain and the Americas (2005)
Culture, Politics, and History : a Multidisciplinary Encyclopedia by Will Kaufman, Heidi Slettedahl Macpherson
Other names that were to dominate Canadian poetry include Alden Nowlan, Al Purdy, bill bissett, Gwendolyn MacEwen, George Bowering, Daphne Marlatt, and Fred Wah. Since the “ renaissance” of the 1960s ...
by Jill B. Gidmark
CANADIAN LITERATURE Cogswell, Alden Nowlan, Robert Gibbs, and other so-called Fiddlehead Poets explore life in an environment dominated by the sea, as exemplified in Gibbs' poems "The Manes P. Aground off Fort Dufferin" (1971) and "Travels: Eastbound/Westbound" (1985). Canadian sea drama is marked by two high points: the performance of the masque Le Theatre de Neptune on the water facing Port Royal in Acadia, arguably the first dramatic work performed in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alden Nowlan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alden Nowlan
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise. (Alden Nowlan)
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alden Nowlan for some fun with words!