On this page:
Definition of the noun alder-leaved serviceberry
What does alder-leaved serviceberry mean as a name of something?
- shrub or small tree of northwestern North America having fragrant creamy white flowers and small waxy purple-red fruits
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Amelanchier alnifolia
- synonym of alder-leaved serviceberry: alderleaf Juneberry
- more generic terms: Juneberry / service tree / serviceberry / shadblow / shadbush = any of various North American trees or shrubs having showy white flowers and edible blue-black or purplish fruit
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alder-Leaved Serviceberry
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jim Gardiner
Zone 10 Amelanchier alnifolia 4 The alder-leaved serviceberry is a deciduous multistemmed upright to fastigiate shrub with white flowers and yellowish brown autumn foliage. Medium to large; full sun; flowers mid to late spring;fertile soil ...
by Christopher Brickell
Alder-leaved serviceberry. See Amelanchier alnifolia. Aleppo pine. See Pin us halepensis. Alexandra palm. See Archontophoenix alexandrae. Alexandrian laurel. See Danae racemosa. Alfafa. See Medicago. Algerian iris. See Iris unguicularis ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alder-Leaved Serviceberry
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alder-Leaved Serviceberry to find many related words and phrases!