On this page:
Who is Aldous Huxley?
Aldous Huxley: Aldous Leonard Huxley was an English writer, philosopher and a prominent member of the Huxley family. Best known for his novels including Brave New World, set in a dystopian London, The Doors of Perception, which recalls experiences when taking a psychedelic drug, and a wide-ranging output of essays, Huxley also edited the magazine Oxford Poetry, and published short stories, poetry, travel writing, film stories and scripts. He spent the later part of his life in the United States, living in Los Angeles from 1937 until his death.
- also known as Aldous Leonard Huxley; Huxley, Aldous; Ogie
- born on (121 years ago) in Godalming, child of Julia Arnold and Leonard Huxley
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Author, writer, novelist, screenwriter
- died on (52 years ago) in Los Angeles of laryngeal cancer
- buried in Watts Mortuary Chapel
- read more about Aldous Huxley (novelist)
Aldous Huxley is a fictional film character.
- "Aldous Huxley" is a book by Sybille Bedford.
- genres: Biography, Autobiography
- subjects: 20th century, Literary
- "Aldous Huxley" is a book by John Atkins.
- also known as "Aldous Huxley; a literary study"; "Aldous Huxley: a literary study"
- "Aldous Huxley" is a book by Claire John Eschelbach.
- also known as "Aldous Huxley: a bibliography, 1916-1959"
- "Aldous Huxley" is a book by Kishor Gandhi.
- also known as "Aldous Huxley: the search for perennial religion"
- "Aldous Huxley" is a book by Dana Sawyer.
- also known as "Aldous Huxley: a biography"
There are many other writings with this title.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aldous Huxley
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Aldous Huxley. Observer, pp. 15–16 (Feb. 1) .
by David Garrett Izzo
by M. Keith Booker
Aldous Huxley Adorno, Theodor W. “Aldous Huxley and Utopia.” Prisms. 1967. Translated by Samuel and Shierry Weber...
by Andrew Maunder
Aldous Huxleywas 69. Further Information Bedford, Sybille. Aldous Huxley. New York: Knopf, 1974. Dunaway,David King.Huxley in Hollywood. New York: Harper& Row, 1989. Huxley, Aldous. BraveNewWorld. London: Chatto and Windus, ...
by James Michael Welsh, Donald M. Whaley
Welsh References Aldous Huxley, “Introduction ,” The Song of God: Bhagavad-Gita (New York: New American Library, 1944); Nicholas Murray, Aldous Huxley: A Biography (New York: Thomas Dunne Books/ ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aldous Huxley
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aldous Huxley
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Aldous Huxley
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Aldous Huxley!
Quotes about Aldous Huxley
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aldous Huxley to see it in context!