Aleš appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sela Ward did draw ales
- O native clod, ales reverse "la dolce vita", no?
On this page:
- Aleš a.k.a. Alès is a commune in the Gard department in the Languedoc-Roussillon region in southern France. It is one of the sub-prefectures of the department. It was formerly known as Alais.
- also known as Ales
- part of Gard
- Aleš a.k.a. Ales, Sardinia: Ales is a small town in the province of Oristano on the island of Sardinia in the Mediterranean Sea. It lies on the eastern slopes of Mt. Arci. This area is the only Sardinian source of obsidian.Together with the town of Terralba, Ales forms the Roman-Catholic diocese of Ales-Terralba . Its current bishop is Giovanni Dettori. The town has its own Cathedral, the Cathedral of St. Pietro. This is also the most famous landmark, showing how Ales' religious importance outweighs its meagre population size of about 1600.Antonio Gramsci and Fernando Atzori were born in Ales.The nearest international airport is in Cagliari, at roughly 70 kilometers distance.
Who is Aleš?
Aleš is a musical artist and a former member of the Czech band Jaksi Taksi.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Jaksi Taksi (Drums) since
Aleš a.k.a. ALES Music is a record label.
- also known as ALES
- Aleš a.k.a. The Ales was designed by engineer Junya Toyokawa, inventor of gyro-compasses for aircraft and boat control, and produced by Hakuyosha Ironworks Ltd, Tokyo, in 1921. The development of the two Ales experimental touring cars led to the production of the commercially sold 1924 Otomo. One was powered by a water-cooled, four-cylinder side-valve engine displacing 1610 cc, the other an air-cooled four-cylinder engine producing 780 cc.
- Aleš is a Slavic male name. The name is used today in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia and other countries.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aleš
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aleš to see it in context!