On this page:
Who is Alec Clunes?
Alec Clunes: Alexander "Alec" Demoro Sherriff Clunes was an English actor and stage manager. Among the plays he presented were Christopher Fry's famous play The Lady's Not For Burning. He gave the actor and dramatist Sir Peter Ustinov his first break with his production The House of Regrets. His film career was brief, but varied.
- also known as Alexander de Moro Sherriff Clunes, Alexander "Alec" Sheriff de Moro Clunes, Alexander Sheriff de Moro Clunes
- born on (103 years ago) in Brixton, child of Alexander Sydenham Sherriff Clunes and Georgina Ada Sumner Clunes
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Actor, screenwriter
- died on (45 years ago) in London of lung cancer
- read more about Alec Clunes (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alec Clunes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul
Peter Ustinov, Claire Bloom, Max Adrian, Denholm Elliot, Alec Clunes Prod Andre Sarrut. 63 mins. Technicolor.
by Jerry Roberts
Christopher Plummer played the brooding Dane with Robert Shaw as Claudius, Alec Clunes as Polonius, Michael Caine as Horatio, J o Maxwell Muller as Ophelia, Roy Kinnear as the gravedigger, and Donald Sutherland as Fortinbras, Prince of Norway. In Camera was Saville's adaptation of a Stuart Gilbert translation 507.
by Vincent Terrace
Alec Clunes (Woods Rogers); Jane Griffiths ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alec Clunes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alec Clunes for some fun with words!