On this page:
Who is Alec Clunes?
Alec Clunes: Alexander "Alec" Demoro Sherriff Clunes was an English actor and stage manager. Among the plays he presented were Christopher Fry's famous play The Lady's Not For Burning. He gave the actor and dramatist Sir Peter Ustinov his first break with his production The House of Regrets. His film career was brief, but varied.
- also known as Alexander de Moro Sherriff Clunes, Alexander "Alec" Sheriff de Moro Clunes, Alexander Sheriff de Moro Clunes
- born on (103 years ago) in Brixton, child of Alexander Sydenham Sherriff Clunes and Georgina Ada Sumner Clunes
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Actor, screenwriter
- died on (45 years ago) in London of lung cancer
- read more about Alec Clunes (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alec Clunes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jonathan Law
Between 1942 and 1950 manager Alec Clunes developed a “pocket National Theatre”, offering such new plays as ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Peter Ustinov, Claire Bloom, Max Adrian, Denholm Elliot, Alec Clunes Prod Andre Sarrut. 63 mins.
by Jerry Roberts
Christopher Plummer played the brooding Dane with Robert Shaw as Claudius, Alec Clunes as Polonius, Michael Caine as Horatio, J o Maxwell Muller as Ophelia, Roy Kinnear as the gravedigger, and Donald Sutherland as Fortinbras, Prince ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Alec Clunes (Oates). Laurence Naismith (Canon Avril), Christopher Rhodes (Insp . Luke), Charles Victor (Will Talisman), Thomas Heathcote (Roily Gripper). Sam Kydd (Tom Gripper). Beatrice Varley (Mrs. Cash), Kenneth Griffith (Crutches) P: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alec Clunes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alec Clunes for some fun with words!