Alec Clunes (actor)
On this page:
Who is Alec Clunes?
Alec Clunes: Alexander "Alec" Demoro Sherriff Clunes was an English actor and stage manager. Among the plays he presented were Christopher Fry's famous play The Lady's Not For Burning. He gave the actor and dramatist Sir Peter Ustinov his first break with his production The House of Regrets. His film career was brief, but varied.
- also known as Alexander de Moro Sherriff Clunes, Alexander "Alec" Sheriff de Moro Clunes, Alexander Sheriff de Moro Clunes
- born on (103 years ago) in Brixton, child of Alexander Sydenham Sherriff Clunes and Georgina Ada Sumner Clunes
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Actor, screenwriter
- parent of
- died on (45 years ago) in London of lung cancer
- album: "Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf / Britten: Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra"
- written work: "The British theatre"
- played Lord Hastings in "Richard III"
- played Charles, Duke of Burgundy in "The Adventures of Quentin Durward"
- "The England of Elizabeth"
- played Anthony Chester in "Tomorrow at Ten"
- played Eddie Graves in "Saloon Bar"
- played Polonius in "Hamlet at Elsinore"
- "The Forth Road Bridge"
- played Asst. Commissioner Oates in "Tiger in the Smoke"
- TV series: "The Buccaneers"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alec Clunes (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alec Clunes for some fun with words!