On this page:
Who is Alec Coppel?
Alec Coppel was an Australian-born screenwriter, novelist and playwright. He spent the majority of his career in London and Hollywood, specialising in light thrillers, mysteries and sex comedies. He is best known for the films Vertigo, The Captain's Paradise, Mr Denning Drives North and Obsession, and the plays I Killed the Count and The Gazebo.
- born on (108 years ago) in Melbourne
- nationality: Australia, England
- education: University of Cambridge
- profession: Screenwriter, playwright, writer
- Marriage with Myra Coppel
- died on (43 years ago) in London of liver cancer
- written works: "The Gazebo", "The Bliss of Mrs. Blossom"
- films written:
- nomination: - nominated to Academy Award for Best Story - "The Captain's Paradise"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alec Coppel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Stephen Whitty
References “Alec Coppel,” IMDb, http:// www.imdb .com/name/nm0178785; Steven Vagg, “Alec Coppel: Australian Playwright and Survivor,” Australasian Drama Studies, https://www.questia.com/ library/ ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Samuel D: Tay Garnett SCR: Alec Coppel, Dennis O'Keefe, & Bryan Forbes STORY: Alec Coppel PHO- TOG: John Wilcox MUSIC: John Addison reissued 1961 Standard ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Dir Alfred Hitchcock Seen Alec Coppel, Samuel Taylor based on the novel D' entre les morts by Pierre Boileau, Thomas Narcejac Photog Robert Burks Art Dir Hal Pereira, Henry Bumstead Mus Bernard Herrmann Ed George Tomasini Special ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alec Coppel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alec Coppel for some fun with words!