On this page:
Definition of the noun Alectra
What does Alectra mean as a name of something?
Alectra is a genus of Orobanchaceae.
- synonyms: genus Alectra / Glossostylis / genus Glossostylis / Hymenospermum / genus Hymenospermum / Pseudorobanche / genus Pseudorobanche
- kingdom: Plantae
- phylum: Tracheophyta
- class: Magnoliopsida
- order: Lamiales
- family: Orobanchaceae
- species Alectra aberdarica
- species Alectra alectroides
- species Alectra arabica
- species Alectra arvensis
- species Alectra asperrima
- species Alectra atrosanguinea
- species Alectra aurantiaca
- species Alectra avensis
- species Alectra bainesii
- species Alectra basserei
- species Alectra basutica
- species Alectra capensis
- species Alectra dolichocalyx
- species Alectra dunensis
- species Alectra excelsus
- species Alectra fruticosa
- species Alectra glandulosa
- species Alectra gracilis
- species Alectra hildebrandtii
- species Alectra hirsuta
- species Alectra humbertii
- species Alectra hundtii
- species Alectra lancifolia
- species Alectra ledermannii
- species Alectra linearis
- species Alectra lurida
- species Alectra melampyrodes
- species Alectra merkeri
- species Alectra natalensis
- species Alectra orabanchoides
- species Alectra orobanchoides
- species Alectra parasitica
- species Alectra pedicularioides
- species Alectra picta
- species Alectra pseudobarleriae
- species Alectra pubescens
- species Alectra pumila
- species Alectra rigida
- species Alectra scharensis
- species Alectra schliebenii
- species Alectra schoenfelderi
- species Alectra sessiiflora
- species Alectra sessiliflora
- species Alectra sessiliflora
- species Alectra stolzii
- species Alectra thyrsoidea
- species Alectra trinervis
- species Alectra virgata
- species Alectra vogelii
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Alectra is a kind of Orobanchaceae incertae sedis, described by Thunb. in 1784.
Who is Alectra?
Alectra a.k.a. Alektra Blue is an American pornographic actress and model. She is the Penthouse Pet of the Month for Aril 2008.
- read more about Alektra Blue
Phrases with Alectra
- Alectra Alba
- Alectra Major
- Alectra Minor
- Alectra Picta
- Alectra aspera
- Alectra Indica
- Alectra Kirkii
- Alectra Lurida
- Alectra Pumila
- Alectra Rigida
- Alectra Arabica
- Alectra Avensis
- Alectra Barbata
- Alectra Cordata
- Alectra Dentata
- Alectra Heyniae
- Alectra Hirsuta
- Alectra Hundtii
- Alectra Merkeri
- genus Alectra
View more phrases with the word Alectra in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alectra
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Alectra Thunb. Scrophulariaceae Origins: Greek alektros "unwedded," a "without" and lektron "couch, bed, marriage-bed," or from Greek alektor "a cock," referring to the flowers; see H. Genaust, Etymologisches Worterbuch der botanischen ...
ALECTRA. One species; viz. capensis. 1214, PEDALIUM, One species; viz. murex. E. Indies, 1215. MELIANTHUs, or Honey-flower. Three species; viz. major, ...
The gardeners dictionary (1835)
by Philip Miller
Alectra (the derivation unknown). Class 14, 2. Didynamia Angiospermia. The Characters r.re, — Corolla bell- shaped filaments, bearded; capsule o- vote, obtuse, twin smooth, two-celled, tiro-ralied, seedy, solitary, ovale. Alectra capensis ...
Applied in England and Among English-speaking People to Cultivated and Wild Plants, Trees, and Shrubs by William Miller
Alectra brasiliensis Canella Bark Tree. Canella alba Canker ...
by John Christopher Willis, Herbert Kenneth Airy Shaw
Alectra Thunb. (Melasma ...
Examples : Alectra, Escobedia, &c. Tribe 8. Gratiolece. Examples : Diplacus, Conobaca, Gratiola, Ilysanthus, Hemianthus, Herpestis. Sub-order 3. Rhinanthidece.
Exhibiting the Pronunciation, Etymology, and Explanation of Every Word Usually Employed in Science, Literature, and Art by John Boag
AlecTRA, fl-lék'tră , ...
by Abraham Rees
ALECTRA, in Botany, a genus of the didynamia angiospermia class and order: its charašters are, that the calyx is a perianthium, one-leafed, two-lipped, ...
British Encyclopedia (1819)
Or, Dictionary of Arts and Sciences, Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge by William Nicholson
ALECTRA, in botany, a genus of the Didy namia Angiospermia class and order, of which the": is a single species only, "air. A. capensis, a native of the ...
by George Crabb
ALECTRA (Bot.) a genus of plants, Class 14 Didynamia, Order 2 Angiospermia. - Generic Characters. CAL. perianth one-leaved; clefts ovate. CoR . one-petalled; tube by degrees widened a little; border expanding.—STAM. filaments four ...
Encyclopaedia Londinensis (1810)
by John Wilkes
alectra- Clapensis, or Cape alectra. _ The flowers are yellow, streaked with purple', and it is a native of thev Capein grassy places near rivers, flowering in November and December. _ ALECTRIONN ...
Or, Dictionary of Arts and Sciences ; Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge by William Nicholson
ALECTRA, in botany, a genus of the Didynamia Angiospermia class and order, of which there is a single species only, viz. A. capensis, a native of the Cape of Good Hope; found in grassy places near rivers; flowering in November and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alectra
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Alectra
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alectra Cox hiphop dance
- Alectra & Dominga
- 099XC David Adamo on Alectra Open Preliminary Cross Country Woodside May 2015
099XC David Adamo on Alectra Open Preliminary Cross Country Woodside May 2015.
- Michelle Corll and Alectra~ 1st place Liberty Class Winner at the OVFHC
Michelle Corll and Alectra show us how a liberty class is supposed to be done. And music choice was awesome! Lifesong by Casting Crowns. These two took a ...
- 099S David Adamo on Alectra Open Preliminary Show Jumping Woodside May 2015
099S David Adamo on Alectra Open Preliminary Show Jumping Woodside May 2015.
- Alectra's first makeup video
- Terrified-Harry Styles & Alectra Jade One Shot-Ch. 5 (Final)
- Sir James x EM Alectra Hanoverian foal trotting
2014 Hanoverian colt foaled 8/9/14 by Sir James and out of EM Electra (Armin) at MAHB Inspection (October 12, 2014)
- 007S David Adamo - Alectra Open Training Stadium Jumping Fresno County Horse Park Feb 2013
007S David Adamo - Alectra Open Training Stadium Jumping Fresno County Horse Park Feb 2013.
- 099D David Adamo on Alectra Open Preliminary Dressage Woodside May 2015
Scrabble value of A1L1E1C3T1R1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALECTRA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alectra!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alectra to find many related words and phrases!