On this page:
Who is Aleksei Balabanov?
Aleksei Balabanov was a popular Russian filmmaker. He was best known for the 1997 crime film Brat, and its more action-oriented sequel, Brat-2, both of which starred Sergei Bodrov, Jr. as a novice hit man. Brother was successful both at the box office and in video copies, achieving wide popularity in Russia. Later, however, Balabanov became better known for his shocking and controversial films Cargo 200 and Morphine.
- also known as Aleksey Balabanov, Aleksey Oktyabrinovich Balabanov, Alexei Balabanov, Aleksei Oktyabrinovich Balabanov, Alexey Balabanov
- born on (56 years ago) in Yekaterinburg
- nationality: Russia
- profession: Film director, screenwriter, film producer, actor
- died on in Sestroretsk of myocardial infarction
- read more about Aleksei Balabanov (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aleksei Balabanov
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric Michael Mazur
Aleksei Balabanov. Agniya Kuznetsova, Aleksei Poluyan, Leonid Gromov, ...
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
were made, including Brother (Aleksei Balabanov, 1997), tended to be dark, gloomy, violent, and introspective, with a focus on youth alienation and intergenerational conflict. These films found some purchase on the international art house ...
by Ali Askerov
Aleksei Balabanov ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aleksei Balabanov
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aleksei Balabanov for some fun with words!