On this page:
Who is Aleksis Kivi?
Aleksis Kivi, born Alexis Stenvall, was a Finnish author who wrote the first significant novel in the Finnish language, Seven Brothers. Although Kivi was among the very earliest authors of prose and lyrics in Finnish language, he is still considered one of the greatest of them all.
- also known as Alexis Stenvall; Киви, Алексис
- born on (181 years ago) in Nurmijärvi, child of Erik Johan Stenvall and Anna-Kristiina Hamberg
- nationality: Finland
- profession: Novelist
- died on (143 years ago) in Tuusula
- read more about Aleksis Kivi (novelist)
- "Aleksis Kivi" is an opera in two acts by Einojuhani Rautavaara, to a libretto by the composer. It was first performed by the Savonlinna Opera Festival on 8 July 1997, with Jorma Hynninen in the title role. The opera deals with episodes in the life of Aleksis Kivi, the Finnish national writer.
- language: Finnish Language
- music by Einojuhani Rautavaara
- "Aleksis Kivi" is a musical album of Harri Saksala.
- released on
- "Aleksis Kivi" is a composition.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aleksis Kivi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carl Waldman, Catherine Mason
by Aleksis Stenvall (Aleksis Kivi), is published. 1872 Kaarlo Bergbom founds Finnish National Theater. French: nationality time line FRENCH: NATIONALITY nation: France; French ...
Volume 1: Europe by Peter Nagy, Philippe Rouyer
The great national writer Aleksis Kivi (1834¥72) laid the base for Finnish dramatic literature. Most directly influenced by Schiller, Holberg and Shakespeare, Kivi«s plays combine multifaceted realistic characters with a solid dramatic structure ...
Encyclopedia of the Novel (2014)
by Paul Schellinger
Soon after the official recognition ofFinnish, Aleksis Kivi ( pseudonym of.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aleksis Kivi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aleksis Kivi
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Seagull and Aleksis Kivi
Photo credit: p_a_h
- Aleksis Kivi and Tourists
Statue of Aleksis Kivi and some tourists at Rautatientori (Railway Square) in Helsinki.
Photo credit: Jori Samonen
- Aleksis Kivi street, Tampere
Film shot from last summer.
Shot on Superia XTRA 400
Photo credit: dareppi
- National Theatre and Aleksis Kivi
Photo credit: email@example.com
Anagrams of ALEKSIS KIVI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aleksis Kivi!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aleksis Kivi for some fun with words!