Aleksis Kivi (novelist)
On this page:
Who is Aleksis Kivi?
Aleksis Kivi, born Alexis Stenvall, was a Finnish author who wrote the first significant novel in the Finnish language, Seven Brothers. Although Kivi was among the very earliest authors of prose and lyrics in Finnish language, he is still considered one of the greatest of them all.
- also known as Alexis Stenvall; Киви, Алексис
- born on (180 years ago) in Nurmijärvi, child of Erik Johan Stenvall and Anna-Kristiina Hamberg
- nationality: Finland
- education: Literature at University of Helsinki since
- profession: Novelist
- died on (142 years ago) in Tuusula
- written works: "Seitsemän veljestä", "Eva", "Eriika", "Olviretki Schleusingenissä", "Aleksis Kiven tarinoita", "Lintukoto", "La botistoj = Nummisuutarit", "Vuoripeikot", "Heath cobblers", "Kullervo"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aleksis Kivi (novelist)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALEKSIS KIVI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aleksis Kivi!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aleksis Kivi for some fun with words!