On this page:
Who is Alessandro Scarlatti?
Alessandro Scarlatti was an Italian Baroque composer, especially famous for his operas and chamber cantatas. He is considered the founder of the Neapolitan school of opera. He was the father of two other composers, Domenico Scarlatti and Pietro Filippo Scarlatti.
- also known as A. Scarlatti; Scarlatti, Alessandro
- born on (355 years ago) in Palermo
- nationality: Italy
- profession: Composer
- died on (290 years ago) in Naples
- genres: Baroque music, Opera
- read more about Alessandro Scarlatti (composer)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alessandro Scarlatti
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sandy Feldstein
- Madrid, Spain TEACHER (Sl: Alessandro Scarlatti ...
by Don Michael Randel
well as the use of the Neapolitan sixth chord at cadences, are very common ( Alessandro Scarlatti, Handel), but they are rarely labeled siciliano by the composers. (2) In the early 1 7th century, a musical setting of the Sicilian version of a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alessandro Scarlatti
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alessandro Scarlatti
Click on an item to view that photo: