On this page:
- Alex George: Dr. Alexander Segger George AM is a Western Australian botanist. He is the authority on the plant genera Banksia and Dryandra. The "bizarre" Restionaceae genus Alexgeorgea was named in his honour in 1976.
- Alex George is a former Grand Prix motorcycle road racer from Scotland. His best year was in 1975 when he finished in seventh place in the 500cc Grand Prix world championship. He was tenth in the 500 class in 1973. He finished on the podium at the 1975 500cc Czech GP, the 1975 350cc Dutch TT and the 1977 500cc Austrian GP, and had a number of other top six results in the 500, 350 and 250cc GP classes.
- Alex George: Alex Thomas M. George is a retired American professional baseball player. He appeared in five Major League Baseball games as a shortstop and pinch hitter for the Kansas City Athletics during the 1955 season. George batted left-handed, threw right-handed, stood 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighed 170 pounds.
- born on (77 years ago) in Kansas City
- Alex George is a baseball player, athlete.
- born on (77 years ago)
- profession: Baseball player
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alex George
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Daniel J. Christie
Alex George (1980) proposed a “multiple advocacy” structure designed to harness conflict and disagreement and improve the quality of decision-making. Also available to leaders is the “devil's advocate,” designed as a corrective for inflated ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alex George
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alex George to see it in context!