On this page:
Who is Alex Karras?
Alex Karras: Alexander George "Alex" Karras, nicknamed "The Mad Duck", was an American football player, professional wrestler, and actor. He played football with the Detroit Lions in the National Football League from 1958–1962 and 1964–1970. As an actor, Karras is noted for his role as Mongo in the 1974 comedy film Blazing Saddles, and for starring in the ABC sitcom Webster alongside his wife Susan Clark, as the title character's adoptive father.
- also known as Alexander George Karras, Alex Carras, The Mad Duck, Alexander George "Alex" Karras, George Alexander Karras
- born on (80 years ago) in Gary, child of George Karras and Emmeline Karras
- nationality: United States of America
- education: University of Iowa
- profession: Wrestler, american football player, actor, writer, television producer
- parent of Katie Karras
- died on in Los Angeles of renal failure
- written works: "Tuesday Night Football", "Even big guys cry"
- played Floyd Powell in "The Street Corner Kids: Secret of the Twin Sister"
- played Mongo in "Blazing Saddles"
- played Swaboda in "Nobody's Perfekt"
- "Jacob Two Two Meets the Hooded Fang"
- "Buffalo '66"
- played Squash (Mr. Bernstein) ('Squash' Bernstein) in "Victor Victoria"
- played Hank Sully in "Against All Odds"
- played Tiny Baker in "When Time Ran Out"
- "Redneck County"
- "Paper Lion"
- "Mad Bull"
- played Sheriff Wallace in "Porky's"
- TV series:
- film produced: Word of Honor
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alex Karras
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Sports Films (2010)
by K Edgington, Thomas Erskine, James M. Welsh
Alex Karras (himself), Frank Gifford (himself), Vince Lombardi (himself). RUNNING TIME: I07 minutes. VHS: Weston Woods. This film is based on George's Plimpton's nonfiction book about joining the Detroit Lions as an honorary member and actually taking the field. PARADISE ALLEY (1978) DIRECTOR: Sylvester Stallone. SCREENPLAY: Sylvester Stallone. PRODUCERS: john F. Roach, Ronald A.
by Vincent Terrace
Executive producer: Daniel Wilson, Robert Guenette, David DePatie, Friz Freleng , William Hanna, Joseph Barbera, Richard Gottlieb, Linda Gottlieb, Alan Landsburg, Lawrence D Savadove, Martin Tahse, Daniel Wilson, Alex Karras, Diana Kerew, Ken Greengrass, Marilyn Olin, Lyn Aherns, Henry Winkler Producer: Daniel Wilson, Fred W Bennett, Fran Sears, Arthur Barron, Evelyn Barron, Harry Bernsen, Robert Chenault, Arthur Allan Seidelman, Bob A Johnson , Doro Bacharach, Fred ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alex Karras
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alex Karras
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alex Karras for some fun with words!