On this page:
- Alex Lora a.k.a. Álex Lora: José Alejandro Lora Serna, better known by his stage name Alex Lora, is a Mexican musician and composer. He has been the frontman of the Mexican rock band El Tri for over 40 years. In 2006, Hispanic music website batanga.com characterized Lora as "legendary", noting that among his honors and awards he has been named a "Distinguished Pueblan Citizen" in his home city and has been given the Keys to the city in Miami, as well as having a day and a statue in Guadalajara.
- also known as José Alejandro Lora Serna, Alejandro Lora
- born on (62 years ago) in Puebla, child of Eloisa Serna
- nationality: Mexico
- profession: Musician, composer, bassist, guitarist, actor
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Chela Lora since
- albums: "Lora, Su Lira y Sus Rolas"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Ariel Award for Best Song - "A Lost Year"
- Ariel Award for Best Song - "A Lost Year"
- Latin Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Alex Lora a.k.a. Àlex Lora Cercós, better known as Alex Lora, is a Spanish film director. His films, marked by complex narratives, have entered hundreds film festivals and received multiple awards and nominations around the world, most notably the two official section of Sundance, the nomination to the Student Academy Awards, both presence at the Berlinale Talent Campus and at the Cannes Short Film Corner, the 3 nominations for the Gaudí Catalan Academy Awards, and the nomination and the prize at the New York Emmy Awards.
- also known as Àlex Lora Cercós, Alex Lora Cercos
- born on (36 years ago) in Barcelona
- nationality: Spain
- profession: Film director, screenwriter, film editor, film producer, cinematographer, sound editor
- filmography: played Javier in "Forever"
- films written:
- film produced: Odysseus' Gambit
- films directed:
- official website: www.alexlora.es
Printed books with definitions for Alex Lora
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
From the Aztec to NAFTA by Mark Pedelty
and guitarist Alex Lora is a musical legend in Mexico. El Tri and Lora in particular are famous for their leftist politics. Whole albums and many additional songs have been dedicated to various political causes and strident critiques of the PRI.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alex Lora
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alex Lora to see it in context!