Alex Proyas (film director)
On this page:
Who is Alex Proyas?
Alex Proyas: Alexander "Alex" Proyas is an Egyptian-born Greek-Australian film director, screenwriter, and producer. Proyas is best known for directing the films The Crow, Dark City, I, Robot, and Knowing and for employing stylish photographic techniques in his films, with dark overtones usually in a post-apocalyptic setting.
- also known as Alexander Proyas, Alexander Alex Proyas, Alexandros "Alex" Proyas, Alexandros Proyas
- born on (51 years ago) in Cairo
- ethnicity: Greek Australian
- nationality: Australia, Egypt
- education: Australian Film, Television and Radio School
- profession: Screenwriter, film director, film producer, music video director, cinematographer
- films written:
- films produced:
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Australian Film Institute Award for Best Experimental Film - "Strange Residues", with Australian Film, Television and Radio School
- nominated to Australian Film Institute Award for Best Cinematography in a Non-Feature Film - "Strange Residues"
- Bram Stoker Award for Best Screenplay - "Dark City"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alex Proyas (film director)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alex Proyas to see it in context!