On this page:
Who is Alex Raymond?
Alex Raymond: Alexander Gillespie "Alex" Raymond was an American cartoonist, best known for creating Flash Gordon for King Features in 1934. The strip was subsequently adapted into many other media, from a series of movie serials to a 1970s television series and a 1980 film.
- also known as Alex Gillespie Raymond, Alexander Raymond, Alexander Gillespie Raymond
- born on (106 years ago) in New Rochelle, child of Beatrice Wallazz and Alexander Gillespie Raymond
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Catholicism
- education: Grand Central School of Art
- profession: Cartoonist, screenwriter
- Marriage with Helen Frances Williams between and (25 years and 8 months)
- parent of
- died on (59 years ago) in Westport of traffic collision
- written work: "Flash Gordon and the perils of Mongo"
- films written:
- some of the nominations and awards:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alex Raymond
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Random House, Stephen Elliott
spande 8 instmsoe 10 00GUr ~ 11 Alex Raymond chinchn home 7 cariean 9 oontaher lowldead. dzlâclear, equal ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
Flash Gordon spaceman hero of the comic strip created by the American cartoonist Alex Raymond in 1934, who in order to save the world from extinction is sent to the planet Mongo to defeat the forces of the evil emperor Ming. Flashman a ...
125 Alex Raymond, 260 Alex Ross, 91, ...
by Geoff Mayer
Jungle Jim, as developed by artist Alex Raymond and author Don Moore, first appeared as a comic strip to run in the top half of a Sunday newspaper feature with Raymond's Flash Gordon on the bottom half. Both comics were launched ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alex Raymond
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alex Raymond
In the gallery at MoCCA Art Fest, at the Lexington Avenue Armory this weekend!
Nice that they included Raymond, as he's been voted into the Society of Illustrators Hall of Fame this year.
Photo credit: KLGreenNYC
Quotes about Alex Raymond
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Alex Raymond"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Alex Raymond to learn how to say it correctly!