On this page:
Who is Alexander Alland?
Alexander Alland is a 1976 Guggenheim Fellow in Social Sciences.
- also known as Alexander Alland Jr.
- born on (83 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- education: PhD (Social science) at Yale University, graduated in
- written works: "Race in Mind", "When the spider danced", "Jessie Tarbox Beals, first woman news photographer", "Catalunya, One Nation, Two States", "The artistic animal", "The human imperative", "Adaptation in cultural evolution", "Playing with form", "To Be Human"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Social Sciences, US & Canada (Anthropology & Cultural Studies)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Alland
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Encyclopedia by Robert E. Weir
© Photo Collection Alexander Alland, Sr./Corbis. Scott, Mark Twain, Stanford White, Queen Victoria, and numerous governors, presidents, lawyers, merchants, ...
All Things Dickinson (2014)
An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World by Wendy Martin
(Photo Collection Alexander Alland, Sr./ Corbis) Nineteenth-century watercolor on woven paper of a butterfly on a. 135 Businesses.
by Gerald Gaillard
Andrew Vayda and Elliott Skinner also became professors, and they were joined by, among others, Alexander Alland and Joan Vincent, who became an assistant professor in 1968. The Harvard anthropology ...
Encyclopedia of Homelessness (2004)
by David Levinson
Source: Alexander Alland, Sr./Corbis; used with permission. graphs, graphics, and a variety of editorial features. They are often run by full- or part-time paid staff . These types of street papers generally seek to appeal to mainstream audiences by including current event news, entertainment news, book reviews, personal ads , personality profiles, advice columns, and other similar features. Homeless or formerly homeless vendors often buy the magazines at a reduced cost and then sell ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Alland
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Alland for some fun with words!