On this page:
- Alexander Anderson was a Scottish mathematician.
- also known as Андерсон, Александр
- born in (433 years ago) in Aberdeen
- profession: Mathematician
- died in (395 years ago)
- Alexander Anderson was a Scottish poet.
- Alexander Anderson: Dr Alexander Anderson was an American illustrator.
- Alexander Anderson a.k.a. Alexander O. Anderson: Alexander Outlaw Anderson was an American attorney who represented Tennessee in the United States Senate, and later served in the California State Senate, and on the California Supreme Court.
- read more about Alexander O. Anderson
- Alexander Anderson was a Labour Party politician in Scotland, who represented the for Motherwell constituency in the House of Commons for nine years.
- born on (127 years ago)
- ethnicity: Scottish people
- died on (61 years ago)
- Alexander Anderson FRSE FLS was a Scottish surgeon and botanist.
- born in (267 years ago)
- education: University of Edinburgh
- died in (204 years ago)
- Alexander Anderson was an Irish physicist and President of Queen's College Galway, later University College Galway, from 1899 until 1934. In electrical engineering he is known for Anderson's bridge. He was the first physicist to suggest the existence of black holes.
- Alexander Anderson was a British socialist who helped found the Socialist Party of Great Britain.
- born in (137 years ago)
- died in (89 years ago)
- Alexander Anderson: General Alexander Anderson CB was a British army general. He served in the Royal Marine Light Infantry and became a Companion of the Order of the Bath. Anderson is buried in Brompton Cemetery, London. His memorial is an unusual composition of cannonballs, one of which has disappeared. The grave lies on the east side of the main path, midway between the north entrance and the colonnades.
- Alexander Anderson: Mungo Park's brother in law who died with him during Park's second Expedition in 1805.
- died in (210 years ago)
- Alexander Anderson is a character from the manga/anime Hellsing, acting as an antagonist to his nemesis, the protagonist Alucard). He is a warrior priest or paladin monster slayer and purifier who works for the Iscariot Organization. He has a Scottish accent in the English adaptations of the manga and anime series, but canonically his nationality is unknown; he lives in Italy, where he operates an orphanage. Anderson, like many of Kouta Hirano's characters, was recycled from one of Hirano's old hentai works called Angel Dust, where he is involved in a few action sequences and is depicted with black hair, as well as using assault rifles rather than his bayonets.
- Alexander Anderson is a fictional character in the 2012 action adventure family film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Anderson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joan M. Marter
John Frederick American Abstract Artists American Academy of Fine Arts American Artists' Congress American Federation of Arts Ames, Ezra Ammann, Othmar Hermann Amos, Emma Anasazi Anderson, Alexander Anderson, Laurie Andre, ...
The General Biographical Dictionary Containing an Historical and Critical Account of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Persons; ... a New Ed. by Alex. Chalmers (1814)
by Alexander Chalmers
Alexander Anderson, cousin-german of the said David, was ...
by Bill Mallon, Randon Jerris
John Patullo Captain Alexander Aytone Alexander Anderson James Morrison Thomas Erskine Methven Erskine John Dalyell Robert Patullo George Cheape Hugh Cleghorn George Paterson John Anstruther Thomson Colonel David Dewar ...
Wherein Any Passage May be Found by the Recollection of Any Material Word in It. ...
John Anderson, Alexander Anderson, William Anderson, William Anderson, y David Angus, druggist, Dundee John Archer, threadman, do William Anderson, merchant, do William Anderson, taylor, do Ilavid, Air, weaver, do John Archer, ...
by Scotland. Court of Session, Mungo Ponton Brown, William Maxwell Morison
Grant of Dallaquapple against Major Alexander Anderson. The Lords advised the concluded cause, Major Alexander Anderson against Grant of Dallaquapple. Anderson of Westerton being debtor to Grant, ...
by William Berry
Major Alexander Anderson, Portuguese Troops. Major Henry Thomas, 27th Foot. Major Thomas Bell, 48th Foot. Major Kenneth Snodgrass, Portuguese Troops. Commander Timothy Scriven, R.N. Major Sir Victor de Arenschildt, Knt, Artillery, ...
The Complete Dictionary of Arts and Sciences. In which the Whole Circle of Human Learning is Explained, and the Difficulties Attending the Acquisition of Every Art, Whether Liberal Or Mechanical, are Removed, in the Most Easy and Familiar Manner ... (1766)
by Temple Henry Croker, Samuel Clark, Thomas Williams, William Smith (Dublin), John Coote (Londres), James Fletcher (Londres)
Philomath — Angier, Houndsditch —James Anderson, Watch andClockmaker — Anderson, Master of the Academy at Guildford — Aaron Anderson — Anderson — James Anderson — Alexander Anderson — Andrews — Lloyd Anwill, esq.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Anderson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexander Anderson
General Alexander Anderson - Balls Of Steel
Photo credit: Watt_Dabney
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alexander Anderson to find many related words and phrases!