On this page:
- Alexander Arbuthnot was Bishop of Killaloe and Kilfenora in the then-established Church of Ireland.
- Alexander Arbuthnot was an early printer in Edinburgh, Scotland, the fourth son of John Arbuthnot Sr in Portertown and of Legasland. He married one Agnes Pennycuik and died intestate.
- died on (430 years ago)
- Alexander Arbuthnot of Knox, Sr was a Scottish politician. He represented Kincardineshire as Commissioner to the Parliament of Scotland, from 1689 to 1702. Second son of Robert Arbuthnott, 1st Viscount of Arbuthnott. Married first Margaret Barclay. Married second Jean Scott. He served as tutor to the children of his brother Robert Arbuthnot, 2nd Viscount of Arbuthnott.
- born in (361 years ago)
- nationality: United Kingdom
- died in (310 years ago)
There are other people with in their name, like George Alexander Arbuthnot.
The Alexander Arbuthnot is the last paddle steamer built as a working boat on the Murray River, Australia.
- also known as الکساندر اربوتنات
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Arbuthnot
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Scotland. Court of Session, Mungo Ponton Brown, William Maxwell Morison
Alexander Arbuthnot of Knox, Petitioner. Alexander Arbuthnot of Knox gave in a bill, representing, That, the Viscount of Arbuthnot's testament being now reduced, the nomination of the 274 1695. FOUNTAINHALL.
by Sir Daniel Keyte Sandford
Adanson, Patrick Ales, Alexander Alexander, William, Earl of Stirling Anderson, James Anderson, Robert Anderson, Walter Arbuthnot, Alexander Arbuthnot, ...
The Popular Encyclopedia (1841)
Adanson, Patrick Ales, Alexander Alexander, William, Earl of Stirling Anderson, James Anderson, Robert Anderson, Walter Arbuthnot, Alexander Arbuthnot, John Armstrong, John Arnot, ...
by Robert Chambers, Thomas Thomson
Alexander Arbuthnot. Thomas Craig. Adam Blackwood. Johnny Armstrong (s). James, earl Bothwell (s). David Chambers. John Hamilton, William Barclay. Mary Stuart, queen of Scots. James Gordon. Patrick Adamson. George Bannatyne. Andrew Melville. Robert Lindsay. John Winram. John Willock. John Abercromby. Andrew Hart, George Keith, fifth earl Marischal. John Napier. John Davidson. Alexander Montgomery. John Johnston. Robert Bruce. Robert Rollock. James Melville.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Arbuthnot
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alexander Arbuthnot to find many related words and phrases!