On this page:
Who is Alexander Astin?
Alexander Astin: Dr. Alexander W. Astin is the Allan M. Carter Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Higher Education and Organizational Change, at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- also known as Alexander W. Astin, Dr. Alexander W. Astin, Alexander (Sandy) Astin
- born on (83 years ago) in Washington, D.C., child of Margaret Linnie and Allen Varley Astin
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Professor
- Marriage with Helen S. Astin since
- parent of
- written works: "The college environment", "The educational and vocational development of college students", "The invisible colleges", "Predicting academic performance in college", "The Black undergraduate", "Four Critical Years", "Preventing students from dropping out", "Maximizing leadership effectiveness", "College dropouts: a national profile", "Assessment for excellence", "What Matters in College", "Who goes where to college?", "Minorities in American higher education", "Freshman class vacancies in Fall 1971 and recent trends in enrollments of minority freshmen"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alexander Astin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Dominic J. Brewer, Lawrence O. Picus
For example, Alexander Astin and Linda Sax examined the effect of community service on college students' academic outcomes and found that community service participation in college led to substantially better academic development and a ...
by Faustine Childress Jones-Wilson
Alexander Astin, Minorities in American Higher Education (1982); Arthur M. Cohn and Florence B. Brawer, The American Community ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Astin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALEXANDER ASTIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alexander Astin!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Astin for some fun with words!