On this page:
Who is Alexander Courage?
Alexander Courage: Alexander "Sandy" Mair Courage, Jr. was an American orchestrator, arranger, and composer of music, primarily for television and film. He is best known as the composer of the theme music for the original Star Trek TV series.
- also known as Courage Alexander M, A. Courage, Alexander Mair Courage Jr., Sandy Courage, Alexander "Sandy" Mair Courage Jr., Sandy
- born on (96 years ago) in Philadelphia
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Eastman School of Music
- profession: Film score composer, music arranger
- member of musical group Gerald Fried and Alexander Courage
- Marriage with Shirley Pumpelly until
- died on (7 years ago) in Pacific Palisades
- buried in Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery
- genres: Film score, Soundtrack
- albums: "Star Trek, Volume 1: The Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before", "Hot Rod Rumble", "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace", "Star Trek, Volume 3: Shore Leave / The Naked Time", "Superman: The Music (1978-1988)"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Music Score - "The Pleasure Seekers", with Lionel Newman
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Music Score - "Doctor Dolittle", with Lionel Newman
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Best Music Composition - Special Program - "Medical Center"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Music Direction - "Julie Andrews: The Sound of Christmas" (Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction), with Chris Boardman, Ian Fraser, Angela Morley
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Music Direction - "Julie Andrews: The Sound of Christmas", with Angela Morley, Ian Fraser, Chris Boardman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Courage
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Celebration of the Grooviest People, Events, and Artifacts of the 1960s by Chris Strodder
,” “The Debbie Reynolds Show” “The Patty Duke Show”—Sid Ramin/Bob Wells, Ramin worked on West Side Story “Spider-Man”—Ray Ellis/Bob Harris, Harris also wrote theme for Kubrick's Lolita “Star Trek”—Alexander Courage, also did “ Medical Center” “The Tonight Show (Johnny's Theme)”— Paul Anka/Johnny Carson, Johnny ...
by Marty McGee
Charles Cannon Production Accountant; Elaine Schreyeck Script Supervisor; Jackie Cummins Wardrobe Supervisor; Richard Altman Casting Consultant; Alexander Courage Orchestrator; William Maldonado Construction Manager; Sam Gordon Property Master; Jim Turrell Camera Operator; Dennis Fraser Key Grip; Del Armstrong, Wally Schneiderman Makeup; Gordon Bond Hairdresser; Isaac Stern Soloist. Other Awards: Best Cinematography—Oswald Morris ( Academy Award, ...
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
cinematograPher: Ernest Day eDitor: John Shirley ProDuction Design: John Graysmark costumes: John Bloomfield music: John Williams, Alexander Courage cast: Superman/Clark Kent: Christopher Reeve. Lex Luthor: Gene Hackman. Perry White: Jackie Cooper ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul
Peverell Marley Art Dir Art Loel Mus Alexander Courage Ed Folmar Blangsted Cast Paul Newman, John Dehner, Lita Milan, Hurd Hatfield, James Congdon, James Best Prod ...
by Vincent Terrace
Music: Alexander Courage.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Courage
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Courage for some fun with words!