On this page:
Who is Alexander Courage?
Alexander Courage: Alexander "Sandy" Mair Courage, Jr. was an American orchestrator, arranger, and composer of music, primarily for television and film. He is best known as the composer of the theme music for the original Star Trek TV series.
- also known as Courage Alexander M, A. Courage, Alexander Mair Courage Jr., Sandy Courage, Alexander "Sandy" Mair Courage Jr., Sandy
- born on (96 years ago) in Philadelphia
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Eastman School of Music
- profession: Film score composer, music arranger
- member of musical group Gerald Fried and Alexander Courage
- Marriage with Shirley Pumpelly until
- died on (7 years ago) in Pacific Palisades
- buried in Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery
- genres: Film score, Soundtrack
- albums: "Star Trek, Volume 1: The Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before", "Hot Rod Rumble", "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace", "Star Trek, Volume 3: Shore Leave / The Naked Time", "Superman: The Music (1978-1988)"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Music Score - "The Pleasure Seekers", with Lionel Newman
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Music Score - "Doctor Dolittle", with Lionel Newman
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Best Music Composition - Special Program - "Medical Center"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Music Direction - "Julie Andrews: The Sound of Christmas" (Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction), with Chris Boardman, Ian Fraser, Angela Morley
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Music Direction - "Julie Andrews: The Sound of Christmas", with Angela Morley, Ian Fraser, Chris Boardman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Courage
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
cinematograPher: Ernest Day eDitor: John Shirley ProDuction Design: John Graysmark costumes: John Bloomfield music: John Williams, Alexander Courage cast: Superman/Clark Kent: Christopher Reeve. Lex Luthor: Gene Hackman.
by Marty McGee
Elaine Schreyeck Script Supervisor; Jackie Cummins Wardrobe Supervisor; Richard Altman Casting Consultant; Alexander Courage Orchestrator; William Maldonado Construction Manager; Sam Gordon Property Master; Jim Turrell Camera ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Peverell Marley Art Dir Art Loel Mus Alexander Courage Ed Folmar Blangsted Cast Paul Newman, John Dehner, Lita Milan, Hurd Hatfield, James Congdon, ...
by Vincent Terrace
Music: Alexander Courage.
by Vincent Terrace
Alexander Courage composed the theme “ Hey Brannigan.” Cast: Mark Roberts (Bob Brannigan); Steve Dunne (Mike Bran- ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Courage
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Courage for some fun with words!