Alexander Faulkner Shand (writer)
On this page:
Who is Alexander Faulkner Shand?
Alexander Faulkner Shand FBA was an English writer and barrister. Born in Bayswater, London he was the son of Hugh Morton Shand, a Scot, and his wife Edrica Faulkner, Italian born but the daughter of Joshua Wilson Faulkner of Kent. He was a founding member of the British Psychological Society in 1901 and was awarded with honorary membership in 1934. He was elected a Fellow of the British Academy. Through his son Philip, he is the paternal great-grandfather of HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
- born on (157 years ago) in Bayswater, child of Edrica Faulkner and Hugh Morton Shand
- education: Eton College
- profession: Author, barrister, writer
- Marriage with Augusta Mary Coates
- parent of Philip Morton Shand
- died on (79 years ago)
- written work: "The foundations of character"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Faulkner Shand (writer)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: