On this page:
- Alexander Henderson was a merchant and politician in the British colony and American state of Virginia.
- Alexander Henderson was a lawyer, judge and political figure in British Columbia and Yukon. He represented New Westminster City in the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia from 1898 to 1900. Henderson served as Commissioner of Yukon from 1907 to 1911.
- Alexander Henderson was a Scottish physician and author. Born in Aberdeenshire, he was educated at Edinburgh University, where he graduated as a doctor of medicine in 1803. He went to London and was admitted a licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians in 1808. He chiefly devoted himself to letters, though, contributing to such works as Encyclopaedia Britannica and Edinburgh Review. He published The History of Ancient and Modern Wines in 1824.
- Alexander Henderson a.k.a. Alexander D. Henderson: Alexander Dawson Henderson was an American business executive and philanthropist. He became Treasuer and founding investor of the California Perfume Company, which later became Avon Products.
- read more about Alexander D. Henderson
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Henderson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Chambers
An allusion to the celebrated Alexander Henderson, who at first was an episcopalian. * The celebrated provost of Edinburgh, who contributed so much “sinew" to the covenanting var. * Probably meaning Sir Thomas Hope of Carse, lord-advocate—the chief legal adviser of the Covenanters. No description could be more unjust than that in the text, though ...
by Ramsay Cook
Robert Tinson Kaa Goox Lavigne, Ernest Mclntosh, James Mclntyre, James McRae, John William Manning, Alexander Henderson Molleur, Louis Nickinson, Charlotte ( Morrison) Sallis, Isaac Sandham, Henry Shea, Sir Ambrose Transportation Allan, Andrew Bell, Benjamin Taylor A. Bowman, William Brodie, 182 INDEX OF IDENTIFICATIONS.
by Robert Chambers, Thomas Thomson
Alexander Henderson. David Dickson. Dr. John Strang. William Drummond of Ilawthornden. William Guild. Dr. Arthur Johnston. George Jamesone. Alexander Anderson. Alexander Leslie. Zachary Boyd. Alexander Ross. Robert Blair. Sir James Balfourfannalist). Rev. Thomas Forrester. John Forbes. Sir William Mure. Sir Robert Spotswood. Archibald Campbell, marquis of Argyle.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Henderson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexander Henderson
Photo credit: West Midlands Police