On this page:
- Alexander Henderson was a merchant and politician in the British colony and American state of Virginia.
- Alexander Henderson was a lawyer, judge and political figure in British Columbia and Yukon. He represented New Westminster City in the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia from 1898 to 1900. Henderson served as Commissioner of Yukon from 1907 to 1911.
- Alexander Henderson was a Scottish physician and author. Born in Aberdeenshire, he was educated at Edinburgh University, where he graduated as a doctor of medicine in 1803. He went to London and was admitted a licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians in 1808. He chiefly devoted himself to letters, though, contributing to such works as Encyclopaedia Britannica and Edinburgh Review. He published The History of Ancient and Modern Wines in 1824.
- Alexander Henderson a.k.a. Alexander D. Henderson: Alexander Dawson Henderson was an American business executive and philanthropist. He became Treasuer and founding investor of the California Perfume Company, which later became Avon Products.
- read more about Alexander D. Henderson
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Henderson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Auto (1897)
The Motorist's Pictorial by Stanley Spooner
Mrf Alexander Henderson is an honorary member of ful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers, besides being interested in many other incorporated societies in London and Glasgow. From this bri+f outline it will be apparent ...
North Devon Magazine (1824)
Containing the Cave and Lundy Review
Alexander Henderson is a Scottish gentleman ...
by Ramsay Cook
Robert Tinson Kaa Goox Lavigne, Ernest Mclntosh, James Mclntyre, James McRae, John William Manning, Alexander Henderson Molleur, Louis Nickinson, Charlotte (Morrison) Sallis, Isaac Sandham, Henry Shea, Sir Ambrose Transportation ...
Containing an ... Account of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Persons in Every Nation in the World, Particularly the British and Irish
Alexander Henderson, whose name frequently occurs in the English History on ...
Encyclopedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Thomas Lake Hawks, Francis Lister Henderson, Alexander Henderson, Ebenezer Henry, Matthew Hicks, Ellas Hitchcock, Dwight Hobart, John Henry Hodge, Charles Hooker, Thomas Hopkins, Mark Hopkins, Samuel Horton, Robert Forman ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Henderson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexander Henderson
Photo credit: West Midlands Police