On this page:
Who is Alexander Kluge?
Alexander Kluge is a German author and film director.
- also known as Александр Клюге; Alexander Ernst Kluge; Клуге, Александр
- born on (83 years ago) in Halberstadt
- nationality: Germany
- education: University of Marburg
- profession: Film director, author, film producer, screenwriter, voice actor, businessperson, television producer, lawyer, television director, writer
- Marriage with Dagmar Steurer since
- written works: "Interview mit dem Jahrhundert", "Lebensläufe", "Die Universitats-Selbstwerwaltung", "Der Angriff der Gegenwart auf die übrige Zeit", "Die Lücke, die der Teufel lässt", "Theodor Fontane, Heinrich von Kleist und Anna Wilde", "Die Universitäts-Selbstverwaltung", "Der Untergang der Sechsten Armee", "Verdeckte Ermittlung", "Neue Geschichten", "Die Patriotin", "Die Macht der Gefühle", "Ich schulde der Welt einen Toten", "Ich bin ein Landvermesser", "Cinema Stories", "Chronik der Gefühle. Band 1: Basisgeschichten. Band 2", "The battle", "Geschichte und Eigensinn", "Fontane, Kleist, Deutschland, Büchner", "Kritische Theorie und Marxismus", "Schlactbeschreibung", "Die Artisten in der Zirkuskuppel", "Lernprozesse mit tödlichem Ausgang", "Attendance list for a funeral", "Schlachtbeschreibung", "Die Kunst, Unterschiede zu machen", "The devil's blind spot"
- films written:
- films produced:
- films directed:
- The Artists in the Big Top: Perplexed
- Yesterday Girl
- Gelegenheitsarbeit einer Sklavin
- The Candidate
- The Assault of the Present Upon the Rest of Time
- Strongman Ferdinand
- Germany in Autumn
- The Patriotic Woman
- Miscellaneous News
- War and Peace
- The Power of Emotion
- In Danger and Dire Distress the Middle of the Road Leads to Death
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to German Film Award for Best Direction - "Yesterday Girl"
- German Film Award for Best Direction - "Yesterday Girl"
- Golden Lion - "The Artists in the Big Top: Perplexed"
- German Film Award for Best Musical Dramaturgy - "In Danger and Dire Distress the Middle of the Road Leads to Death", with Edgar Reitz
- German Film Award - Special Award for Outstanding Contributions to German Cinema (For their continued outstanding individual contributions to the german film over the years.), with Bodo Blüthner, Boris von Borresholm, Christian Doermer, Bernhard Dörries, Heinz Furchner, Rob Houwer, Ferdinand Khittl, Pitt Koch, Walter Krüttner, Dieter Lemmel, Hans Jürgen Pohland, Hans Loeper, Ronald Martini, Edgar Reitz, Peter Schamoni, Raimund Ruehl, Detten Schleiermacher, Fritz Schwennicke, Haro Senft, Franz-Josef Spieker, Hans Rolf Strobel, Heinrich Tichawsky, Wolfgang Urchs, Herbert Vesely, Wolf Wirth
- Kleist Prize
- nominated to Special Film Award '40th Anniversary of the Federal Republic of Germany' - "Yesterday Girl"
- Special Film Award '40th Anniversary of the Federal Republic of Germany' - "Yesterday Girl"
- German Film Award - Special Award for Outstanding Contributions to German Cinema
- official website: www.kluge-alexander.de
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alexander Kluge
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bass Cathedral (2007)
by Nathaniel Mackey
Alexander Kluge CINEMA STORIES Translated from the German by Martin Brady and Helen Hughes "Alexander Kluge, that most enlightened of writers." — W.G. Sebald "Alexander Kluge is a gigantic figure in the German cultural landscape.
A Cinema Without Walls (1991)
Movies and Culture After Vietnam by Timothy Corrigan
The Politics of Self-Fragmentation: Kluge Far from the combination of bombast and self-abnegation that characterizes Coppola's auteurist image, Alexander Kluge is a grudging auteur, a reluctant personality who seems to engage ...
Brilliance and Banter from the Internet Age by David L. Green
Alexander Kluge is a German film director and a major German fiction writer of the late twentieth century as well as an important social critic. Janet Kornblum is a technology reporter for USA Today. Kevin Kwaku is a physician and lecturer, ...
by Immanuel Ness, Zak Cope
The film was co-directed by a collective, comprising legendary director Rainer Werner Fassbinder alongside Alf Brustellin, Alexander Kluge, Bernhard Sinkel, and Volker Schlöndorff, who also excelled in political film-making on similar subject ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
P & D: Alexander Kluge ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Kluge
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alexander Kluge
Photo credit: michfiel
Quotes about Alexander Kluge
Anagrams of ALEXANDER KLUGE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alexander Kluge!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Kluge for some fun with words!