On this page:
Who is Alexander Lowen?
Alexander Lowen was an American physician and psychotherapist. A student of Wilhelm Reich in the 1940s and early 1950s in New York, he developed bioenergetic analysis, a form of mind-body psychotherapy, with his then-colleague, John Pierrakos. Lowen was the founder and former executive director of the International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis in New York City.
- also known as Лоуэн, Александр
- born on (105 years ago) in New York City
- nationality: United States of America
- died on (7 years ago) in New Canaan
- written works: "Bioenergetics", "La peur de vivre", "La Spiritualité du corps", "Narcissism", "Bioenergetik. Therapie der Seele durch Arbeit mit dem Körper.", "Fear of life", "Joy", "Bioenergetik als Körpertherapie. Der Verrat am Körper und wie er wiedergutzumachen ist.", "Love, sex, and your heart", "Language of the Body", "Bio - Energetik. Therapie der Seele durch Arbeit mit dem Körper.", "Depression and the Body", "The Voice of the Body", "Honoring The Body", "The Way To Vibrant Health", "Love and orgasm", "Ejercicios de bioenergética", "El Amor, El Sexo y La Salud del Corazon", "La experiencia del placer", "Physical dynamics of character structure", "Amor y Orgasmo", "The Betrayal of the Body", "Depresion y El Cuerpo", "Gozo, El", "Coeur Passionnement Symbolique Et Physio", "Koerper Ausdruck Und Persoenlichkeit", "The spirituality of the body", "Traicion Al Cuerpo, La", "Miedo a la Vida", "Pleasure: a creative approach to life"
- official website: www.bioenergetic-therapy.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Lowen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Merging Alternative Therapies with Biomedicine by Hans A. Baer
Alexander Lowen is a prominent neo-Reichian therapist ...
by James W. William
Alexander Lowen is an astute observer in further recognizing what the body is saying about a person. Lowen has zeroed in on total body impressions, helping the patient become integrated through the use of psychiatric exercise. Lowen has ...
by Nancy Allison
BlOENERGETICS Bioenergetics is a form of body- oriented psychotherapy developed by American doctor Alexander Lowen during the mid-twentieth century. Based on the groundbreaking work of Austrian psychotherapist Wilhelm Reich, ...
by Edward S. Neukrug
Watson Gerda Boyesen Alexander Lowen and John Pierrakos E. O. Wilson George Engel Judith Aston Wilhelm Reich Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen Wilhelm Reich John Veltheim * Theory/Approach Theorist Bonny method of guided imagery ...
A Dictionary of Psychology (2015)
by Andrew M. Colman
A technique of * psychotherapy developed by the US psychiatrist Alexander Lowen (1910–2008), influenced by *psychoanalysis and Reichian *orgone therapy. See also body therapies.
by J.E. Roeckelein
bioenergetics theory - deals with the energy relationships in living organisms, and is a psychotherapeutic technique developed by the American psychiatrist Alexander Lowen (1910- ); and Reichenbach phenomenon - named after ...
From Alien Abductions to Zone Therapy by William F. Williams
Alexander Lowen, founder of bioenergetics, declared that a human body isin a constantstate ofvibration, linked tothe rhythmiccontractions of all the cells within the body. When such vibrations are.
American Countercultures: An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History by Gina Misiroglu
creator of the structural-integration massagetherapy technique known as Rolfing; Ukrainian physicist Moshe Feldenkrais, developer of Awareness Through Movement, a verbally directed mind-body exercise technique; Alexander Lowen, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Lowen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Lowen for some fun with words!