On this page:
- Alexander Mitchell was a Scottish-born banker, railroad financier and Democratic politician in Milwaukee.
- Alexander Mitchell, was an Irish engineer who from 1802 was blind. He is known as the inventor of the screw-pile lighthouse. He was a native of Dublin, and received his formal education at Belfast Academy where he excelled in mathematics.
- Alexander Mitchell: Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Mitchell, TD, JP was a British businessman.
- Alexander Mitchell was a Liberal Party politician in the United Kingdom. He was Member of Parliament for Berwick-upon-Tweed from 1865 to 1868.
- born in (184 years ago)
- died on (142 years ago)
- Alexander Mitchell: Alexander "Alex" Mitchell was a farmer and political figure in Saskatchewan. He represented Bengough from 1966 to 1971 in the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan as a Liberal.
- born on (102 years ago)
- Alexander Mitchell a.k.a. Alexander C. Mitchell: Alexander Clark Mitchell was a U.S. Representative from Kansas.
- read more about Alexander C. Mitchell
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Mitchell
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Caryn Hannan
Smith made Alexander Mitchell secretary of the company. Throughout the forties, the territorial legislature endeavored to repeal the company's charter. Mitchell's contention that the legislature could not determine the rights of a company while ...
From the End of World War I to the Great Crash by James Ciment
Alexander Mitchell Palmer is best known for initiating a series of federal raids on suspected radicals from November 1919 to January 1920. The Palmer Raids helped fuel the anticommunist campaign known as the Red Scare in the years after ...
by William Richard Cutter
They include: Major Abiel and Colonel Mitchell, from Massachusetts; Captain Alexander Mitchell, from New Jersey ; Nathaniel Mitchell, captain of a battalion of the Flying Camp, from Delaware; Captain Joseph Mitchell, from Virginia ; Captain ...
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
Sidney Alexander Mitchell, S. Z. Mitchell and the Electrical Industry (New York: Farrar, Straus and Cudahy, 1960) John L. Neufeld Electric Circus. Nightclub in Greenwich Village in the 1960s. It was the most elaborate of the various clubs ...
by Jay Robert Nash
324 Alexander, John, 350 Alexander, Robert, 222 Alexander, William, 1 Alexander Mitchell Bank (Lexington, Mo.) ...
World Terrorism: An Encyclopedia of Political Violence from Ancient Times to the Post-9/11 Era (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Political Violence from Ancient Times to the Post-9/11 Era by James Ciment
2001, Alexander Mitchell, a Briton, William Sampson, a Canadian, and Raf Skivens, a Belgian, take responsibility for this bombing, as well as one on November 22 in Riyadh that injures five people. November 22 Israel¦A car bomb explodes ...
Living and Deceased, from the Earliest Accounts to the Latter Half of the Nineteenth Century : Containing Over Forty-six Thousand Articles (authors), with Forty Indexes of Subjects by Samuel Austin Allibone, John Foster Kirk
a son of Alexander Mitchell, M.D., was born in Shepherdstown, Jefferson county, Virginia, May 12, 1798.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Mitchell
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alexander Mitchell to see it in context!