Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke
On this page:
Who is Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke?
Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke: Alexander Albert Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke GCB GCVO GJStJ was a member of the Hessian princely Battenberg family and the extended British Royal Family, a grandson of Queen Victoria. He was a Prince of Battenberg from his birth until 1917, when the British Royal Family relinquished their German titles during the First World War and he was created Marquess of Carisbrooke by King George V.
- also known as Alexander Albert Mountbatten
- born on (129 years ago) in Windsor Castle, child of Prince Henry of Battenberg and Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom
- Marriage with Irene Mountbatten, Marchioness of Carisbrooke between and (39 years)
- parent of Lady Iris Mountbatten
- died on (55 years ago) in Kensington Palace
- buried in St. Mildred's Church, Whippingham
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: