On this page:
- Alexander Ostrovsky: Alexander Nikolayevich Ostrovsky was a Russian playwright, generally considered the greatest representative of the Russian realistic period. The author of 47 original plays, Ostrovsky "almost single-handedly created a Russian national repertoire." His dramas are among the most widely read and frequently performed stage pieces in Russia.
- also known as Aleksandr Nikolaevich Ostrovsky, Aleksandr Ostrovsky, Alexander N. Ostrowskij, A.N. Ostrovsky, Alexander Nicolajewitsch Ostrowskij, Alexander Nikolayevich Ostrovsky, Алекса́ндр Никола́евич Остро́вский, Alexandr Ostrovsky, A. N. Ostrovskiĭ
- born on (192 years ago) in Moscow, child of Lyubov Ivanovna Savvina and Nikolai Fyodorovich Ostrovsky
- nationality: Russia
- education: Moscow State University
- profession: Playwright, librettist, writer
- parent of
- died on (129 years ago) in Ostrovsky District, Kostroma Oblast of angina pectoris
- written works: "The Storm", "Enough Stupidity in Every Wise Man", "La locanda della strada maestra", "Poverty is No Vice", "Plays", "Easy money, and two other plays", "Ne bylo ni grosha, da vdrug altyn", "The Poor Bride", "Neizdannye pis'ma iz sobraniy Gosudarstvennogo teatral'nogo muzeya imeni A.A. Bakhrushina", "Teatr i zhiznʹ", "Posledniaia zhertva", "Izbrannye p'esy", "Polnoe sobranie sochineniy v dvenadtsati tomakh", "An Ardent Heart", "Without a Dowry", "Five Plays of Alexander Ostrovsky", "We won't brook interference", "Beshenye denʹgi", "Théâtre ..", "Dnevniki i pis'ma", "Piesner", "Bez viny vinovatye", "A.N. Ostrovskiĭ i F.A. Burdin", "Sobranie sochineniy v pyati tomakh", "O literature i teatre", "Na boĭkom meste", "The Snow Maiden", "Gor'koe slovo istiny", "Koz'ma Zakhar'ich Minin-Sukhoruk", "Stikhotvornye dramy", "It's a Family Affair-We'll Settle It Ourselves", "Four Plays", "A Protegee of the Mistress", "Sin and Sorrow Are Common To All", "The Forest", "A Profitable Position", "Talents and Admirers"
- Alexander Ostrovsky was the son of Alexandr Ostrovsky.
- Alexander Ostrovsky was a member of the musical group Bering Strait.
- member of musical group Bering Strait (Dobro) until
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Ostrovsky
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jonathan Law
Bankrupt,TheA playby theRussian dramatist Alexander OSTROVSKY that was banned ...
Volume 1: Europe by Peter Nagy, Philippe Rouyer
Alexander Ostrovsky (1823¥86), the creator of much of the nineteenth-century ...
by William D. Crump
The Russian dramatist Alexander Ostrovsky adapted this version of the story into a play in ¡873 with music by Peter Tchaikovsky. Snegurochka, an opera in four acts with music and libretto by Russian composer Nikolai RimskyKorsakov, was ...
by William D. Crump
The Russian dramatist Alexander Ostrovsky adapted this version of the story into a play in 1873 with music ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Ostrovsky
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Ostrovsky for some fun with words!