On this page:
Definition of the noun alexander pope
What does alexander pope mean as a name of something?
- English poet and satirist (1688-1744)
- Alexander Pope was an 18th-century English poet, best known for his satirical verse and for his translation of Homer. Famous for his use of the heroic couplet, he is the third-most frequently quoted writer in The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, after Shakespeare and Tennyson.
- Alexander Pope was an Irish actor and painter born in Cork, Ireland.
- born in (253 years ago)
- died on (180 years ago)
- Alexander Pope is the younger brother of Carly Pope.
There are other people with in their name, like Alexander Pope Field.
- "Alexander Pope" is a book by Bonamy Dobrée.
- "Alexander Pope" is a book by George Sutherland Fraser.
- "Alexander Pope" is a book by Reginald Harvey Griffith.
- also known as "Alexander Pope; a bibliography"
- "Alexander Pope" is a book by Netta Murray Goldsmith.
- also known as "Alexander Pope: the evolution of a poet"
- "Alexander Pope" is a book by Cecilia Louise Lopez.
- also known as "Alexander Pope; an annotated bibliography, 1945-1967"
There are many other writings with this title.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Pope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Pat Rogers
Alexander Pope N. Ault, New Light on Pope (London: Methuen, 1949) D. Foxon, Pope and the Early Eighteenth-Century Book Trade, ed. J. McLaverty (Oxford: Clarendon, 1991) M. Mack, Collected in Himself: Essays ...
Biblical, Doctrinal, Historical, and Practical by Samuel Macauley Jackson, Talbot Wilson Chambers, Frank Hugh Foster
ALEXANDER ALEXANDER Pope 1061-73, was raised to the papal see by Hildebrand.
by Samuel Macauley Jackson, Talbot Wilson Chambers, Frank Hugh Foster
ALEXANIDER ALEXANDER Pope 1061–73, was raised to the papal see by Hildebrand. The imperial party nominated an anti-pope who took the name of Honorius By the efforts of Hanno, archbishop of Cologne, Alexander was finally ...
by Allen Reddick
Alexander Pope (80) John Fell (122) The collected books of the Bible ...
Tillotson's sermons ; and letters or " essays addressed to Alexander Pope, esq :" in which all subjects relating to philosophy and religion are treated in a most agreeable and elegant manner. As Mallet had published an 8vo edition of the ...
A contribution to historical pragmatics by Ulrich Busse, Axel Hübler
oseph Addison and the young poet Alexander Pope.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Pope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alexander Pope
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Alexander Pope
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alexander Pope to see it in context!