On this page:
- Alexander Posey: Alexander Lawrence Posey was a Native American Muscogee Creek poet, humorist, journalist, and politician.
- born on (142 years ago) in Eufaula
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Bacone College
- profession: Writer, politician, journalist
- died on (107 years ago) in North Canadian River
- written works: "The Fus Fixico letters", "The Poems Of Alexander Lawrence Posey", "Song of the Oktahutche", "Lost Creeks"
- Alexander Posey was an American militia officer who served as a brigadier general under General Henry Atkinson during the Black Hawk War, specifically in the later stages of the second campaign as one of the commanders present at the Battle of Bad Axe.
- born in (222 years ago) in Orange County
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Posey
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jennifer McClinton-Temple, Alan Velie
American journalist, poet, short story writer Alexander Posey, Creekeducator, journalist, and political leader, is best known today as a poet and the author of the Fus Fixico letters, a series ofsatirical lettersgiving the Native viewpoint on ...
by David J. Wishart
Alexander Posey, 1908 Alexander Lawrence Posey, a well-known Muskogee Creek poet and ...
by Henry L. Fowkes
Alexander Posey, the Second under Gen. Milton K. Alexander, and the third under Gen. James D. Henry. Others who served as officers in some of these several organizations, and afterwards became prominent in State history, were Lieut. -Col ...
by Newton Bateman, Paul Selby
Alexander Posey, the Second under Gen. Milton K. Alexander, and the third under Gen. James D. Henry. Others who served as officers in some of these several organizations, and afterwards became prominent in State history, were Lieut.-Col.
by Andrew Wiget
Alexander Posey made the Indian Journal, the only Indian daily, a popularly read newspaper in Indian Territory. After 1900, Charles Gibson, a friend of Posey's, wrote extensively for the Journal and other Indian newspapers. C.H. Beaulieu ...
The Nineteenth Century by Eric L. Haralson
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Posey
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alexander Posey for some fun with words!