Alexander R. Todd, Baron Todd
On this page:
Who is Alexander R. Todd, Baron Todd?
Alexander R. Todd, Baron Todd: Alexander Robertus Todd, Baron Todd, OM, PRS FRSE was a British biochemist whose research on the structure and synthesis of nucleotides, nucleosides, and nucleotide coenzymes gained him the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
- also known as Alexander Todd, Baron Todd
- born on (108 years ago) in Cathcart
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Chemist
- died on (19 years ago) in Oakington
- written works: "A time to remember", "Perspectives in organic chemistry", "Problems of the technological society"
- some of the awards:
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry ("for his work on nucleotides and nucleotide co-enzymes")
- Copley Medal (In recognition of his outstanding contributions to both the analytical and synthetic chemistry of natural products of diverse types.)
- Lomonosov Gold Medal (for outstanding achievements in organic chemistry.)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander R. Todd, Baron Todd
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: