On this page:
- Alexander Smith a.k.a. John Adams, known as Jack Adams was the last survivor of the Bounty mutineers who settled on Pitcairn Island in January 1790, the year after the mutiny. His real name was John Adams, but he used the name Alexander Smith until he was discovered in 1808 by Captain Mayhew Folger of the American whaling ship Topaz. His children used the surname "Adams".
- read more about John Adams
- Alexander Smith was a Scottish poet, labelled as one of the Spasmodic School, and essayist.
- born on (185 years ago) in Kilmarnock
- nationality: Scotland
- profession: Poet
- died on (148 years ago) in Edinburgh
- written works: "The county of Fife", "The Philosophy Of Morals V1", "Complete History of the Lives & Robberie", "D & D Poetry", "Edwin Of Deira", "Dreamthorp", "A shelf in my book case", "Alfred Hagart's household", "City poems", "Poems", "George Beattie, of Montrose"
- Alexander Smith a.k.a. Alexander H. Smith: Alexander Hanchett Smith was an American mycologist known for his extensive contributions to the taxonomy and phylogeny of the higher fungi, especially the agarics.
- read more about Alexander H. Smith
- Alexander Smith a.k.a. Alex Smith: Alexander David Smith is an English track and field athlete competing in the hammer throw.
- read more about Alex Smith
- Alexander Smith was a Yonkers, New York businessman and political figure who founded the Alexander Smith & Sons Carpet Company and won election to the United States House of Representatives.
- Alexander Smith was an American chemist, born in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Alexander Smith was a Roman Catholic bishop who served as the Vicar Apostolic of the Lowland District, Scotland.
- born in (321 years ago)
- died in (248 years ago)
- Alexander Smith a.k.a. Alexander W. Smith is a business executive who is CEO of Pier 1 Imports.
- read more about Alexander W. Smith
- Alexander Smith is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Alexander Smith (actor)
- Alexander Smith is a film director and screenwriter.
- profession: Film director, screenwriter
- read more about Alexander Smith (film director)
- Alexander Smith is a musical artist.
- also known as Smith
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Murkage cartel (Turntable(s))
There are other people with in their name, like Dave Alexander Smith, Evan Alexander Smith, John Alexander Smith, Neil Alexander Smith, Paul Alexander Smith, Abram Alexander Smith, Giles Alexander Smith, James Alexander Smith, Albert Alexander Smith, Howard Alexander Smith and many others.
Alexander Smith is a fictional film character.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Smith
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Great Auk, or Garefowl (2015)
by Symington Grieve
John Alexander Smith refers to this, and seems to be of the opinion that in 1758 the Garefowl was breeding on some isolated skerry among the Hebrides, and was only seen at St. Kilda after the period of incubation was over.” But we think ...
by J.R. LeMaster, Donald D. Kummings
Alexander Smith received little formal education. Born in Kilmarnock, Smith mainly educated himself by reading Sir Walter Scott, ...
by Samuel Halkett
2ames Alexander Smith]. 8vo. [Brit. rus.] Edinburgh, 1856 STRUCTURE ( the) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Smith
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alexander Smith
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Danni Sanchez & Alexander Smith
Photo credit: Rosa Stewart1
- The burial place of Alexander Smith, Glasgow Cathedral
Photo credit: Bochum1805
View more pictures about William Alexander Smith.
Quotes about Alexander Smith
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alexander Smith to find many related words and phrases!