On this page:
- Alexander Stewart a.k.a. Alexander P. Stewart: Alexander Peter Stewart was a career United States Army officer, college professor, and a general in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War.
- read more about Alexander P. Stewart
- Alexander Stewart was an illegitimate son of King James IV of Scotland by his mistress Marion Boyd. He was the King's eldest illegitimate child. He was an elder brother of Catherine Stewart his only full sibling, a half brother to James Stewart, Margaret Stewart and Janet Stewart the other royal illegitimate children of James IV and his mistresses. He was an older half-brother of James V.
- Alexander Stewart was a Scottish prelate; also known as Alexander Stewart of Pitcairn. He was the son of Alexander Stewart, Duke of Albany, and his first wife Catherine Sinclair, daughter of William Sinclair, Earl of Orkney and Earl of Caithness. The marriage of his parents was dissolved in 1478 and his father remarried, but it was not until 1516 that an act of parliament made the marriage unlawful and ensured that Alexander jr would be regarded as legally illegitimate and unable to inherit his father's title.
- religion: Catholicism
- died in (478 years ago)
- Alexander Stewart was a 14th-century Scottish bishop. Probably from Menteith, he appears in the sources from the first half of the 1340s, possessing a university degree and holding the position of Archdeacon of Ross. He was active at the papal curia in the second half of the decade as a papal chaplain and administrator, before being provided as Bishop of Ross in 1350, a position he held until his death in 1371.
- religion: Catholicism
- died in (644 years ago)
- Alexander Stewart was a member of the United States House of Representatives for Wisconsin.
- Alexander Stewart was an Irish landowner and Member of Parliament.
- born on (268 years ago)
- died in (184 years ago)
- Alexander Stewart was a Scottish officer in the British Army and a politician.
- born in (276 years ago)
- nationality: Scotland
- profession: Soldier, politician
- died on (221 years ago)
- Alexander Stewart was an Irish landowner and ancestor of the family of the Marquess of Londonderry.
- born in (318 years ago)
- parent of Robert Stewart, 1st Marquess of Londonderry
- died on (234 years ago)
- Alexander Stewart was a lawyer, judge and political figure in Nova Scotia. He represented Cumberland County in the Nova Scotia House of Assembly from 1826 to 1838.
- born on (220 years ago)
- died on (150 years ago)
- Alexander Stewart was a Canadian politician and had been the mayor of Victoria, British Columbia from 1914 to 1916.
- nationality: Canada
- profession: Politician
- Alexander Stewart was a businessperson and the father of actor James Stewart.
- Alexander Stewart is a film director.
- profession: Film director
- read more about Alexander Stewart (film director)
- Alexander Stewart was an officer of the British Army, rising to the rank of major-general. He fought during the American War of Independence at the Battle of Eutaw Springs.
There are other people with in their name, like Hugh Alexander Stewart, John Alexander Stewart, Rory Alexander Stewart, Patrick Alexander Stewart, Alexander Stewart Herschel, Alexander Stewart of Bonkyll, Alexander Stewart of Darnley and James Alexander Stewart-Mackenzie.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alexander Stewart
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Three Sisters, Three Queens (2017)
by Philippa Gregory
Alexander Stewart is a little more than ten years old is ...
International Titisee Conference October 1st – 5th, 1980 by E.J.M. Helmreich, H. Schroeder, O.H. Wieland, H. Holzer
Alexander Stewart is a post- graduate student of the medical Research Council, London. Samuel Strada was the recipient of a Fogarty International Scholarship. Note Added in Proof. Since this paper was submitted, a Classification of Protein Phosphatases Involved in Cellular Regulation ...
Ancient and modern (1875)
It will be observed that in the charter , Alexander is called Alexander Stewart, Knight, from which it may be inferred that the dignity was connected with the lands, and that when a person holding a territoral ...
by Francess G. Halpenny
Donald Alexander Stewart studied at the newly founded department ...
Wherein Any Passage May be Found by the Recollection of Any Material Word in It. ...
Baladgarno Alexander Robie, Ballachs Alexander Ramsay, Bridgend William Rodger, Tealing Andrew Roberson, St Monance William Robertson, Balchristie Andrew Reid, Earlsferry John Robertson, Muircambus David Roberson, Kilmany Thomas Rey, Rathillet William Rutsidge, gardener, Carlisle John Richardson, Penrith Thomas Rattray, manufacturer, Alyth Andrew Rattray, wright, do John Ramsay, wright, do o Alexander Stewart, bookseller, Arbroath 18 James Smart, merchant, ...
by John Cannon
Moray, Alexander Stewart, 5th earl of [S] (1634– 1701).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Stewart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alexander Stewart
Click on an item to view that photo:
Anagrams of ALEXANDER STEWART
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alexander Stewart!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alexander Stewart to find many related words and phrases!