Alexander Sutherland Neill
On this page:
Who is Alexander Sutherland Neill?
Alexander Sutherland Neill was a progressive educator, author and founder of Summerhill School.
- also known as A. S. Neill, A. Neill
- born in (132 years ago) in Forfar
- education: University of Edinburgh
- profession: Educator, author
- Marriage with Lillian Richardson
- died in (42 years ago) in Aldeburgh
- written works: "Is Scotland educated?", "The problem child", "The free child", "Talking of Summerhill", "A Dominie abroad", "The problem family", "The problem teacher", "A dominie in doubt", "That dreadful school", "The last man alive", "The dominie books of A. S. Neill", "The problem parent", "A Dominie's log", "Hearts not heads in the school", "A Dominie dismissed", "Hijos en Libertad", "Summerhill"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alexander Sutherland Neill
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas C. Hunt, Thomas J. Lasley, II
Alexander Sutherland Neill was a Scottish educator, author of 21 books, and founder of the well- known Summerhill School, the world's first progressive and democratic school. Neill's unconventional and radical beliefs about children were ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alexander Sutherland Neill
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: